Backcountry Pilot • FS Garmin GTX-330 ES

FS Garmin GTX-330 ES

Gear for sale, gear wanted, etc. Be sure to read the Required Reading sticky before posting.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1

FS Garmin GTX-330 ES

Well, I have a left over, new, fresh tagged Garmin GTX-330 ES, which is the Extended Squitter ADS-B compliant version. I sold the aircraft it was a spare for, it has never been used and was just sent to Garmin in June for upgrade & 8130. So if you want to do the compliance, need a transponder anyhow or, if you want to receive ADS-B weather and traffic, here is a low cost ticket. Having ADS-B ES going out, puts you in a bubble to receive the data as well, kind of a reward for upgrading. You can always get the data if your within 10 miles of another aircraft with ES, but not always. Anyhow, these are between $5,500 & $6,000 from your favorite Avionics provider, special deal…$4,900, shipped to your door. I would also consider some 185 oriented trade goods, or Nikon gear.
Image
Image
Last edited by dogpilot on Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
dogpilot offline
Took ball and went home
Posts: 902
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:20 pm
Aircraft: Cessna 206H Amphib, Caravan 675 Amphib

Re: FS Garmin GTX-330 ES

What was involved in the Extended Squitter upgrade? I have one, and I was thinking of waiting to upgrade it, but am interested to learn what is involved and how much it costs?
Scolopax online
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 1718
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:02 pm
Location: Nottingham
FindMeSpot URL: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/face ... 4aYqSexnZC

Re: FS Garmin GTX-330 ES

If you have a GTX-330, you need to take it to your AUTHORIZED Garmin shop. They send it to Garmin, who upgrade it for, at least my charge is $1,200 (I get a discount with my shop, not sure I got one on this). You then need to wire the serial port of a Garmin GTN-650, or if you have a WAAS 430 or 530, the ARINC channel to the transponder. Then some programming of both boxes, so they communicate properly. While your at it, you may want to have them install the serial port out of the 330 for you portable if you have one. Then your Garmin handhelds can get traffic data through the serial port. You do need to do a 337 when you activate the ADS-B output on your transponder. There is a standard checklist for compliance, if it is Garmin to Garmin, kind of easy, they did an example already.
dogpilot offline
Took ball and went home
Posts: 902
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:20 pm
Aircraft: Cessna 206H Amphib, Caravan 675 Amphib

Re: FS Garmin GTX-330 ES

I do have a 330 that I am about to install. I hope it talks to the Apollo CNX80... Garmin later labeled this unit the Garmin 480. I like this box and hope to keep using it past the ADS-B transition in 2020.
Scolopax online
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 1718
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:02 pm
Location: Nottingham
FindMeSpot URL: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/face ... 4aYqSexnZC

Re: FS Garmin GTX-330 ES

Here is the hook up for the CNX-80:
Image
dogpilot offline
Took ball and went home
Posts: 902
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:20 pm
Aircraft: Cessna 206H Amphib, Caravan 675 Amphib

Re: FS Garmin GTX-330 ES

Looks straight forward enough. Thanks for the information Dogpilot. Sorry for hijacking your thread, and not buying your 330, but at least my chatter is helping to keep it at the top of the active topics list. :lol:
Scolopax online
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 1718
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:02 pm
Location: Nottingham
FindMeSpot URL: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/face ... 4aYqSexnZC

DISPLAY OPTIONS

6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Latest Features

Latest Knowledge Base