Backcountry Pilot • FS/WTB Avionics

FS/WTB Avionics

Gear for sale, gear wanted, etc. Be sure to read the Required Reading sticky before posting.
16 posts • Page 1 of 1

FS/WTB Avionics

I have a good pair of KX 155's(12 volt) I will be pulling out of the Margwagon. Also 2 VOR heads, 1 with glide slope. All this will be for sale if anyone is interested. Like to sell it as a complete package, but if there isn't much interest I will separate. I'm thinkin around $6000.00 for everything, but am open to offers.
I will be replacing them with Garmin sl40's or the newer replacement TR225, but really am hoping to find a pair of sl40's..
If anyone has or knows of some sl40's I'd appreciate hearin about them.
Thanks Gary
shortfielder offline
User avatar
Posts: 2345
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:14 pm
Location: Durango, Colorado
FindMeSpot URL: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/face ... D263l9HKFb
If you want to go up, pull back on the controls. If you want to go down, pull back farther.

My SPOT page

Re: FS/WTB Avionics

Gary,
I've got a nice set of SL40s that come free with the Bird dog. :lol:
Just curious, I like the SL40s too, but the GTR225 ad claims that 'A handy comm monitor function essentially provides the utility of two receivers in one - allowing you to listen, for example, to ATIS or monitor other freqs without leaving the active freq.'
If that's the case, then it seems like a pretty good alternative. Or am I missing something here?
Thanks,
-DP
denalipilot offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 2793
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:53 pm
Location: Denali
Aircraft: C-170B+

Re: FS/WTB Avionics

denalipilot wrote:Gary,
I've got a nice set of SL40s that come free with the Bird dog. :lol:
Just curious, I like the SL40s too, but the GTR225 ad claims that 'A handy comm monitor function essentially provides the utility of two receivers in one - allowing you to listen, for example, to ATIS or monitor other freqs without leaving the active freq.'
If that's the case, then it seems like a pretty good alternative. Or am I missing something here?
Thanks,
-DP


I just installed an Apollo CNX80 in my Skywagon, and the ability to monitor the standby frequency while the active is silent is an excellent feature! I use it multiple times per flight. I have a second COM, but no need to use it unless I have a primary COM failure.
Scolopax offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 1718
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:02 pm
Location: Nottingham
FindMeSpot URL: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/face ... 4aYqSexnZC

Re: FS/WTB Avionics

Any dates yet for caveman 2014 ????? :D :D
Little John offline
User avatar
Posts: 250
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:40 pm
Location: Lebanon
Aircraft: Maule, Citribria

Re: FS/WTB Avionics

P

Maybe I am missing something too??? The sl40 lets you monitor the standby, I think the same as the GTR. The GTR has some newer/added features, but, the sl40 has enough for me, an would probly be $12-1600 cheaper for me in the end. I had the sl40 and a XL300 in my 180 and was very happy with that. But, starting over again, this time I will be running the 796 and 2 comms that let me monitor the standby freq's.
Maybe overkill, we will see. But I like to know as much as I can about what is goin on around me. Typically I have 122.9, 122.8 and 122.75 on.
Busier place, I can set up early w/ Atis, tower an ground, and if I am flyin with someone I have an extra freq. for them. The sl40 is not quite as tall as the GTR also, and my panel is pretty small.
I told afriend about your Bird Dog, that should be a heck of a performer. I'm guessin that dog WILL hunt :lol:

LJ I just sent an email to Rod to see how he wants to handle the flyin this year, theme, and dates. He is up in Vegas trappin. Haven't heard back from him yet. When I hear, I will post it.

Gary
shortfielder offline
User avatar
Posts: 2345
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:14 pm
Location: Durango, Colorado
FindMeSpot URL: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/face ... D263l9HKFb
If you want to go up, pull back on the controls. If you want to go down, pull back farther.

My SPOT page

Re: FS/WTB Avionics

shortfielder wrote:I told afriend about your Bird Dog, that should be a heck of a performer. I'm guessin that dog WILL hunt :lol:

Thanks, I appreciate it! Maybe you can talk him out of the radios! :lol:
-DP
denalipilot offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 2793
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:53 pm
Location: Denali
Aircraft: C-170B+

Re: FS/WTB Avionics

Gary,

I've got an SL40 in the new ship and Id like to replace it with a KX155 w/GS. Perhaps we can work out a deal? Whats your time frame? I've got an appointment at the avionics shop in March-
SixTwoLeemer offline
User avatar
Posts: 1285
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:53 am
Location: Wasatch Front
Altitude is Time…. Airspeed is Life!

Re: FS/WTB Avionics

I'd like to be done in a couple months. I am just starting to figure my panel. Got the GPS today, so playin with that. Like to get that temporarily mounted this weekend. Then start on a new rack for the radios. I am shopping for radios, so once I get them I can plan on removing these and getting the new ones installed. We have a shop not to far away, and hopefully he could get me in with a weeks notice,
Gary
shortfielder offline
User avatar
Posts: 2345
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:14 pm
Location: Durango, Colorado
FindMeSpot URL: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/face ... D263l9HKFb
If you want to go up, pull back on the controls. If you want to go down, pull back farther.

My SPOT page

Re: FS/WTB Avionics

I'd just like to say that I like the name Margwagon! :lol: That's perfect.
robw56 offline
User avatar
Posts: 3263
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:30 pm
Location: Ward
Aircraft: 1957 C-180A

Re: FS/WTB Avionics

Hey Gary,

I might be interested in a KX-155 w/GS. If you don't sell it to 62leemer, let me know.

Really looking forward to caveman. Hold our room again? Thx!
Grassstrippilot offline
Knowledge Base Author
User avatar
Posts: 3536
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 6:17 am
Location: Syracuse, UT
FindMeSpot URL: https://share.garmin.com/WolfAdventures
Aircraft: Cessna 205

Re: FS/WTB Avionics

OK Cory
If I have anything to say about the room, it's yours too.
Gary
shortfielder offline
User avatar
Posts: 2345
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:14 pm
Location: Durango, Colorado
FindMeSpot URL: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/face ... D263l9HKFb
If you want to go up, pull back on the controls. If you want to go down, pull back farther.

My SPOT page

Re: FS/WTB Avionics

I still have 1 KX155 to sell ($1200.00)
and a KI203(no glideslope) ($500.00)to sell.
And still looking for a good Garmin sl40
Gary
Last edited by shortfielder on Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
shortfielder offline
User avatar
Posts: 2345
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:14 pm
Location: Durango, Colorado
FindMeSpot URL: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/face ... D263l9HKFb
If you want to go up, pull back on the controls. If you want to go down, pull back farther.

My SPOT page

Re: FS/WTB Avionics

Gary,

What's the KT 203? I'm not familiar with it.

Frank
fshaw offline
User avatar
Posts: 261
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:32 pm
Location: Adirondacks

Re: FS/WTB Avionics

It's the seniors version of the KI203, bigger print :^o
Just a typo. Thanks
Gary
shortfielder offline
User avatar
Posts: 2345
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:14 pm
Location: Durango, Colorado
FindMeSpot URL: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/face ... D263l9HKFb
If you want to go up, pull back on the controls. If you want to go down, pull back farther.

My SPOT page

Re: FS/WTB Avionics

Just dropped the plane off to get the new radios wired up. So my second KX155 and KI203 are available for sale if anyone is interested. Radio and head work fine.
Gary
shortfielder offline
User avatar
Posts: 2345
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:14 pm
Location: Durango, Colorado
FindMeSpot URL: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/face ... D263l9HKFb
If you want to go up, pull back on the controls. If you want to go down, pull back farther.

My SPOT page

Re: FS/WTB Avionics

The SL30 and SL40s are nice radios, and I like them. If i didn't have to re-wire the entire plane to install one I would put it in.
idair offline
User avatar
Posts: 234
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:33 am
Location: Boise

DISPLAY OPTIONS

16 posts • Page 1 of 1

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Latest Features

Latest Knowledge Base