Backcountry Pilot • WTB: 26"-31" Bushwheels, airstreaks, or Goodyears

WTB: 26"-31" Bushwheels, airstreaks, or Goodyears

Gear for sale, gear wanted, etc. Be sure to read the Required Reading sticky before posting.
11 posts • Page 1 of 1

WTB: 26"-31" Bushwheels, airstreaks, or Goodyears

I'd like to try some bigger tires on my Husky without breaking the bank. Let me know if you've got something sitting in the hangar collecting dust. Thanks!

[email protected]
justinhawkins offline
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:52 pm
Location: Los Lunas
Aircraft: Aviat Husky A1-B

Re: WTB: 26"-31" Bushwheels, airstreaks, or Goodyears

PM sent.
Hafast offline
User avatar
Posts: 557
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:05 pm
Location: KDVT
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

Re: WTB: 26"-31" Bushwheels, airstreaks, or Goodyears

Airstreaks are for gross weights of 1700 or less, so those won't do you any good.
robw56 offline
User avatar
Posts: 3263
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:30 pm
Location: Ward
Aircraft: 1957 C-180A

Re: WTB: 26"-31" Bushwheels, airstreaks, or Goodyears

robw56 wrote:Airstreaks are for gross weights of 1700 or less, so those won't do you any good.



No but I'd take them :lol:

I was planning on posting the same thing for some well used bushwheels or airstreaks when I get back from this deployment, but I'm still 3.5 months out. I can't justify spending the money to let them sit for the 6-9 months out of the year every year while I'm out of country. Figured a nice well used set with some bed lining would suffice to wet my whistle on them.

Justin, not to steal any of your thunder on this thread, but if you get offers for more than one set I would be interested in ABW's or airstreaks. Of course, no hurry on my end.
Timberwolf offline
User avatar
Posts: 193
Joined: Sun May 11, 2014 1:24 pm
Location: Panhandle
Aircraft: RV-6 with Glass and too much power
Murphy Moose M-14

Re: WTB: 26"-31" Bushwheels, airstreaks, or Goodyears

I don't know what his asking price is, but these look pretty nice. http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad ... =&ad_cid=8
ajfriz offline
User avatar
Posts: 125
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:25 pm
Location: Logan
1940 BC-65 with some mods.
1946 J3C-85

Re: WTB: 26"-31" Bushwheels, airstreaks, or Goodyears

He wants $1250.
whee offline
User avatar
Posts: 3386
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:59 pm
Location: SE Idaho

Re: WTB: 26

whee wrote:He wants $1250.


That's pretty steep for used 26" Goodyears.
robw56 offline
User avatar
Posts: 3263
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:30 pm
Location: Ward
Aircraft: 1957 C-180A

Re: WTB: 26

whee wrote:He wants $1250.

American$???
TangoFox offline
User avatar
Posts: 621
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:06 am
Location: Where the wind takes me
Keep the Greasy side down!

Re: WTB: 26

robw56 wrote:
whee wrote:He wants $1250.


That's pretty steep for used 26" Goodyears.



Desser's has them for $678 new. I assume S&H is included like with their smaller tires.
hotrod180 offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 10607
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:47 pm
Location: Port Townsend, WA
Cessna Skywagon -- accept no substitute!

Re: WTB: 26"-31" Bushwheels, airstreaks, or Goodyears

My 26" GY's were closer to $1700 with the tubes and shipping so that $1250 the guy is asking is if they are in decent shape is not out of line if they are in decent shape . Mine are nearly new with only a few landing and that is the price I want for mine also. You can still see the 'nubs' and the seam down the center of the tire.
Guess if I figre I am taking a $500 hit selling for that price, each landing with them cost me about 50 bucks!!
WWhunter offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 2062
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:54 pm
Location: Minnesota
Aircraft: RANS S-7
Murphy Rebel
VANS RV-8

Re: WTB: 26"-31" Bushwheels, airstreaks, or Goodyears

WWhunter wrote:My 26" GY's were closer to $1700 with the tubes and shipping so that $1250 the guy is asking is if they are in decent shape is not out of line if they are in decent shape . Mine are nearly new with only a few landing and that is the price I want for mine also. You can still see the 'nubs' and the seam down the center of the tire.
Guess if I figre I am taking a $500 hit selling for that price, each landing with them cost me about 50 bucks!!


I paid 1200 for mine. The guy selling them on barnstormers told me that he had a guy offer him 1300 to sell them to him instead of me but the gentleman kept his word and sold them to me.
Crzyivan13 offline
User avatar
Posts: 1811
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:50 pm
Location: Ohio- OI27 Checkpoint Charlie
FindMeSpot URL: https://share.delorme.com/EvanDavis
Aircraft: 1957 Cessna 182A

DISPLAY OPTIONS

11 posts • Page 1 of 1

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests

Latest Features

Latest Knowledge Base