Backcountry Pilot • WTB: Early model Cessna nose strut tube

WTB: Early model Cessna nose strut tube

Gear for sale, gear wanted, etc. Be sure to read the Required Reading sticky before posting.
12 posts • Page 1 of 1

WTB: Early model Cessna nose strut tube

I'm looking for an extra nose strut tube for my 172 so I can swap back and forth between my airglas fork/8.50s, and my tiny tires if I go on a really long asphalt trip. The tube I need is the style that has the scissor attach point above the fork, not part of the fork. Here is what I need:
Image
Jeredp offline
KB and Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 625
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:31 am
Location: WA
FindMeSpot URL: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/face ... 7NYN40QT2I
Aircraft: Cessna 172

Re: WTB: Early model Cessna nose strut tube

I'm not sure, but may have something that will work from a '56 182. I'll take a look in the next few days.
48RagwingPilot offline
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:27 am

Re: WTB: Early model Cessna nose strut tube

dprathe wrote:I'm not sure, but may have something that will work from a '56 182. I'll take a look in the next few days.

Thank you! I have high hopes, many of the 182s had the same setup.
Jeredp offline
KB and Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 625
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:31 am
Location: WA
FindMeSpot URL: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/face ... 7NYN40QT2I
Aircraft: Cessna 172

Re: WTB: Early model Cessna nose strut tube

PM sent. Let me know here if you don't receive it. Thx.
48RagwingPilot offline
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:27 am

Re: WTB: Early model Cessna nose strut tube

Please let me know if you still need this. I may have one.

Thanks,
Kent
494 offline
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:14 pm
Location: Grand Island

Re: WTB: Early model Cessna nose strut tube

I think the reason mine didn't work for Jered is because it had already been trimmed to accommodate a Landes nose fork (trimming is allowed under the STC).

So, if anyone needs an already-been-trimmed early C-182 nose fork, let me know.

Dave
48RagwingPilot offline
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:27 am

Re: WTB: Early model Cessna nose strut tube

494 wrote:Please let me know if you still need this. I may have one.

Thanks,
Kent


Yes, I'm still looking for one. Thank you!
Jeredp offline
KB and Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 625
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:31 am
Location: WA
FindMeSpot URL: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/face ... 7NYN40QT2I
Aircraft: Cessna 172

Re: WTB: Early model Cessna nose strut tube

I will be home Friday and see what I can find.

Thanks,

Kent
494 offline
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:14 pm
Location: Grand Island

Re: WTB: Early model Cessna nose strut tube

Finally got a chance to go through my nose gears and all of them are the newer style. I will keep my eyes open in case one turns up.

Kent
494 offline
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:14 pm
Location: Grand Island

Re: WTB: Early model Cessna nose strut tube

EBay is a good place to check. Several there now from cheap to ridiculously expensive. Perhaps one is the 'old' style you mention.
lesuther offline
Posts: 1430
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:26 pm
Location: CO

Re: WTB: Early model Cessna nose strut tube

Thank for looking Kent! I'll be keeping my eyes peeled.
Jeredp offline
KB and Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 625
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:31 am
Location: WA
FindMeSpot URL: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/face ... 7NYN40QT2I
Aircraft: Cessna 172

Re: WTB: Early model Cessna nose strut tube

I'll be removing the one off my 1956 172 within the next couple of months. If you haven't found anything usable by then, PM me and we'll talk. Can't sell it now, it's still holding the front of the airplane up in the shop.
EZFlap offline
User avatar
Posts: 2225
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:21 am
.

DISPLAY OPTIONS

12 posts • Page 1 of 1

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Latest Features

Latest Knowledge Base