Backcountry Pilot • WTB: Narco 810 TSO Com

WTB: Narco 810 TSO Com

Gear for sale, gear wanted, etc. Be sure to read the Required Reading sticky before posting.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1

WTB: Narco 810 TSO Com

I'm looking for a working Narco 810 Com with a display I can read, or a replacement display for the same unit.

Also, if anyone has a source for a new display I'd be open to that as well. None of the vendors I've found have them, and the company that makes them advised they're discontinued.
HotFuzz338 offline
User avatar
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:09 am
Location: Spooner
Aircraft: 182A

Re: WTB: Narco 810 TSO Com

I replaced the display in my Com 810 TSO back in 2018 with a unit from Digi-Key, p/n 541-1411-ND.
It cost $135 at the time.
That lasted about 2-1/2 years, then the new display went gunnysack.
Digi-Key had discontinued those displays, so I took it to an avionics shop.
The guy there was able to (eventually) find a replacement display on ebay.
In the meantime, I bought a used Com 810 TSO from someone who'd upgraded to something newer.
Some would say that was throwing good money after bad, but now my radio works fine and I've got a spare for if & when it fails.
And for way less money & downtime than upgrading to a newer Garmin or whatever com radio would have been.

I did a quick google & I see several used Com 810 TSO radios are listed for sale.
Be aware that the Com 810 TSO is different from the Com 810+, I'm pretty sure they're not interchangeable.
hotrod180 offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 10602
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:47 pm
Location: Port Townsend, WA
Cessna Skywagon -- accept no substitute!

DISPLAY OPTIONS

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Latest Features

Latest Knowledge Base