Backcountry Pilot • Airframe Welding???

Airframe Welding???

Have problems with your aircraft? Maybe just questions about how best to tune or adjust something? Regs or maintenance? Need to know the best way to do something?
23 posts • Page 2 of 2 • 1, 2

Re: Airframe Welding???

That sure is a nice prop.
=P~
pilot offline
User avatar
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:38 pm
Location: Forest Hill
Aircraft: PA22/20-150
Former "Bushpacer" owner, joined the dark side and got a 182...

Re: Airframe Welding???

Well, details on the weld? :)
Zzz offline
Janitorial Staff
Posts: 2990
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:09 pm
Location: Nowhere
Aircraft: None

Re: Airframe Welding???

Well I had a hell of a time getting any respected welder to show up so.... I bought a welder and learned to weld in the process. I had a good friend actually do this particular weld :D After a small fire and a panic attack it was welded inspected painted and bled. Also had the carb overhauled while it was down. Hope to fly this weekend if this wind dies down. Waiting on a safety pilot or instructor to go with me so I don't do something stupid like flaring at 50'. It's been over 2 years and I haven't touched anything but the 17 for a while.
FARMAULE offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 135
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:55 pm
Location: West Virginia

DISPLAY OPTIONS

Previous
23 posts • Page 2 of 2 • 1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Latest Features

Latest Knowledge Base