Backcountry Pilot • FS Cessna 172 K with Bolen Tail-wheel conversion and STOL

FS Cessna 172 K with Bolen Tail-wheel conversion and STOL

Gear for sale, gear wanted, etc. Be sure to read the Required Reading sticky before posting.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

FS Cessna 172 K with Bolen Tail-wheel conversion and STOL

Anyone interested in a real nice 172? I'm getting fully involved in a Highlander kit project and I need more money to move forward and more hangar space to put the wings on the Highlander. I guess it's time to sell the certified plane and dive in with both feet on the home-built.

I've owned the plane since 2009 and had lots of good reliable flying fun with it. It's clean and runs real strong. Lots of tire kickers on Barnstormers so I thought I would share it with my BCP bretheren who have collectively inspired me to fly this bushworthy 172 to a lot of awesome getaways without pavement or improved runways.

1969 Cessna 172K with Bolen Tailwheel conversion. airframe TT: 4055, Engine time is 490 hrs since factory Lycoming overhaul. Lycoming 0320 E2D. All logs since new Horton STOL kit. climb prop. Reiff engine pre heater. Hangared, Clean paint job and interior. Pair of King KX170b with glideslope, ADF, DME, King Audio panel with 3 lt marker beacon, King Txp w/alt enc. Scott 3200 tailwheel with 700x6 tires on the mains. Ski rigging. Annual inspection good til 8/14. Aircraft located near Outer Banks, NC (kONX). Will deliver for expenses. asking $42,500, but I'm open to reasonable offers.(see more photos in my photo gallery) send me a PM or reply if you have any questions and I can provide contact information. Thanks for looking.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Last edited by obxbushpilot on Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
obxbushpilot offline
User avatar
Posts: 240
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:26 pm
Location: Seward, AK
Aircraft: C 172 Tailwheel

Re: FS Cessna 172 K with Bolen Tail-wheel conversion and ST

What a nice looking ship! I'm betting it is pretty docile for a taildragger too. I like the paint scheme - wasn't that the AOPA better than new 172 scheme?

Wish I could add this to the quiver :P

Good luck
SixTwoLeemer offline
User avatar
Posts: 1286
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:53 am
Location: Wasatch Front
Altitude is Time…. Airspeed is Life!

Re: FS Cessna 172 K with Bolen Tail-wheel conversion and ST

No idea why but he pics aren't loading for me. Good luck with your sale!!
CamTom12 offline
User avatar
Posts: 3705
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:08 pm
Location: Huntsville
FindMeSpot URL: https://share.delorme.com/camtom12
Aircraft: Ruppe Racer
Experimental Pacer
home hand jam "wizard"

Re: FS Cessna 172 K with Bolen Tail-wheel conversion and ST

Okay. I went back over the tutorial Zzz made and I fixed the pics (you have to link the image URL, not the slide show URL in case anyone has had this problem).

Thanks for the kind words 62leemer. It is a docile airplane and I kinda like the paint scheme too, but I don't recall the last AOPA give-away 172, but maybe AOPA will do a an old straight tail 172 conversion in the future. They spare no expense on them.
obxbushpilot offline
User avatar
Posts: 240
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:26 pm
Location: Seward, AK
Aircraft: C 172 Tailwheel

DISPLAY OPTIONS

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Latest Features

Latest Knowledge Base