Backcountry Pilot • FS: New MT 83 inch 2-blade for Lycoming

FS: New MT 83 inch 2-blade for Lycoming

Gear for sale, gear wanted, etc. Be sure to read the Required Reading sticky before posting.
19 posts • Page 1 of 1

FS: New MT 83 inch 2-blade for Lycoming

Brand-new-in-the-crate from Germany MT MTV-15-B/210-58. That's 83 inches. Lycoming flange for 360/540. White with red tips. Nickel leading edges. White spinner.

John @ Flight Resource will issue a STC for the prop free of cost for certified aircraft owners.

$16,000. Located northeast Minnesota near Duluth.

Image
Image

You too could sound like this at idle:
Zzz offline
Janitorial Staff
Posts: 2991
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:09 pm
Location: Nowhere
Aircraft: None

Re: FS: New zero-time MTV-15-B/210-58

That’s a great deal… especially as it includes the certified paperwork! someone will make out.

Last week I put a bid together for a customer and the current retail price is $18,150.00, with new (raised) pricing coming at the end of the year.
Bigrenna offline
KB and Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 2358
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:02 pm
Location: New England
Aircraft: C180H / C170B
www.bushwagoneast.com

Re: FS: New zero-time MTV-15-B/210-58

Yes it is a great deal and it’s a great prop!

Kurt
G44 offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 2104
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:46 am
Location: Michigan

Re: FS: New zero-time MTV-15-B/210-58

Nice that John is supplying the STC as well. Good on him.

MW
185Midwest offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 440
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:58 am
Location: Fort Wayne
Aircraft: C-185

Re: FS: New zero-time MTV-15-B/210-58

Very tempting but it looks like for my 182 it takes a MTV-15-D/[205-210]-58 . I am probably wrong though. Been happening a lot
qmdv offline
User avatar
Posts: 3635
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:22 pm
Location: Payette
FindMeSpot URL: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/face ... I5tqEOk0rc
Aircraft: Cessna 182

Re: FS: New zero-time MTV-15-B/210-58

qmdv wrote:Very tempting but it looks like for my 182 it takes a MTV-15-D/[205-210]-58 . I am probably wrong though. Been happening a lot


Yeah I think the B flange is for Lycoming 360/540. Maule M-7, etc
Zzz offline
Janitorial Staff
Posts: 2991
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:09 pm
Location: Nowhere
Aircraft: None

Re: FS: New zero-time MTV-15-B/210-58

Sorry to see you're having to end the relationship with the Bearhawk kit, it sounds like the right decision given the circumstances.
Battson offline
Knowledge Base Author
User avatar
Posts: 1810
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:19 pm
Location: New Zealand
Aircraft: Bearhawk 4-place
IO-540 260hp

Re: FS: New zero-time MTV-15-B/210-58

Bump
Zzz offline
Janitorial Staff
Posts: 2991
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:09 pm
Location: Nowhere
Aircraft: None

Re: FS: New zero-time MTV-15-B/210-58

I’m surprised no one has jumped on this at the price… order from McFarland and it’s just shy of $19k.

Maybe the universe wants you to finish the BH??

;)
Bigrenna offline
KB and Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 2358
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:02 pm
Location: New England
Aircraft: C180H / C170B
www.bushwagoneast.com

Re: FS: New zero-time MTV-15-B/210-58

Bigrenna wrote:Maybe the universe wants you to finish the BH??

;)


The universe maybe, but not my family or my employer.
Zzz offline
Janitorial Staff
Posts: 2991
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:09 pm
Location: Nowhere
Aircraft: None

Re: FS: New zero-time MTV-15-B/210-58

Great prop!

It was one of the two major components of my 170B upgrade. And I was sure glad I had it on the bird during my visits to the backcountry strips in MT, ID, UT.

I've read about its excellent climb performance before, but even so, the climbs out of the narrow valleys and canyons were always much steeper than I anticipated. After my first two "rocket launches" all my apprehension was gone.

I also really, really liked how quiet and smooth it ran across the entire rpm range, especially on those long flights across the continent.

And it weighs only 42 pounds!

Love it!
140eagles offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 233
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:06 am
Location: Eastern Pyrenees
Aircraft: Cessna 170B

Re: FS: New zero-time MTV-15-B/210-58

Maybe these props aren’t as cool as I thought since approximately zero people have shown interest. You save like $3k off new from McFarlane AND you get a badass wooden prop crate that you can bury your gold in instead of a cheapie cardboard prop box.

I have considered that, at this level of eliteness and price point, that people just buy from the source instead of a fly-by-night website guy.

Perhaps white and lycoming isn’t the most popular combo? With a white prop everyone will KNOW you have a MT before you start the magic whirring sound.

Don't let this prop end up on my Pacer.
Zzz offline
Janitorial Staff
Posts: 2991
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:09 pm
Location: Nowhere
Aircraft: None

Re: FS: New zero-time MTV-15-B/210-58

Just keep it and finish the BH! Heck, before you know it those little ones will be gone off to college and you'll have nothing to keep you busy other than a honey do list!!
WWhunter offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 2060
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:54 pm
Location: Minnesota
Aircraft: RANS S-7
Murphy Rebel
VANS RV-8

Re: FS: New zero-time MTV-15-B/210-58

WWhunter wrote:Just keep it and finish the BH! Heck, before you know it those little ones will be gone off to college and you'll have nothing to keep you busy other than a honey do list!!


Well, I'm trying to convert it into noise. Found a little putt putt plane to splash around in this summer and I need cash. Tired to sitting around not flying.
Zzz offline
Janitorial Staff
Posts: 2991
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:09 pm
Location: Nowhere
Aircraft: None

Re: FS: New zero-time MTV-15-B/210-58

Have you put the prop on Barnstormers? If not, I'd spend the tiny cash to get that done, and spread the word wider. That is a great prop, at a GREAT deal!

MTV
mtv offline
Knowledge Base Author
User avatar
Posts: 10584
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:47 am
Location: Bozeman

Re: FS: New zero-time MTV-15-B/210-58

Zzz wrote:[Well, I'm trying to convert it into noise. Found a little putt putt plane to splash around in this summer and I need cash. Tired to sitting around not flying.


What kind of put put are you getting? Is it going on those floats you posted earlier? Inquiring minds want to know!
SmokeyTheBear offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 146
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:55 am
Location: Charlestown
Aircraft: GlaStar

Re: FS: New zero-time MTV-15-B/210-58

Bump
Zzz offline
Janitorial Staff
Posts: 2991
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:09 pm
Location: Nowhere
Aircraft: None

Re: FS: New zero-time MTV-15-B/210-58

That is an amazing prop, I can’t believe it hasn’t sold, especially at that price. I have had multiple MT props over the years and I have been very happy with them.

Kurt
G44 offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 2104
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:46 am
Location: Michigan

Re: FS: New zero-time MTV-15-B/210-58

G44 wrote:That is an amazing prop, I can’t believe it hasn’t sold, especially at that price. I have had multiple MT props over the years and I have been very happy with them.

Kurt


Yep. Mysterious. I guess people just want to pay an extra $3K to have their name on the invoice.
Zzz offline
Janitorial Staff
Posts: 2991
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:09 pm
Location: Nowhere
Aircraft: None

DISPLAY OPTIONS

19 posts • Page 1 of 1

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Latest Features

Latest Knowledge Base