Posting a Video
Links to general aviation backcountry flying-oriented videos. It can be yours or stuff you find on the internet. Please no airline/military.
I apologize if this information has been already stated in previous posts. I was going to post an embedded video from Facebook. I guess it is more difficult than I thought. Now I do not know how to delete this post. Can you embed a Facebook Video for posting?
-
Dog is my Copilot offline

-
Posts:
433
- Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:38 am
- Location: Portland
- Aircraft: 1958 Cessna 180A
-
Dog is my Copilot wrote:I apologize if this information has been already stated in previous posts. I was going to post an embedded video from Facebook. I guess it is more difficult than I thought. Now I do not know how to delete this post. Can you embed a Facebook Video for posting?
https://backcountrypilot.org/help#media-photo-postThe key is that you use the unique identifier of the video between the appropraite BBcode tags. See the example in that Help page.
Personally, I don't trust Facebook for reliable photo of video storage. Often, image URLs will change and ruin past posts. I usually host on Youtube or Vimeo and leave the videos unlisted. Then you can link to it on Facebook or here for your friends.
-
Zzz offline

-
Posts:
2992
- Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:09 pm
- Location: Nowhere
- Aircraft: None
-
Thanks for the information. For some reason it won't post my Facebook Video. It just seems like the Facebook videos have a greater quality than Youtube. I will open a Youtube or Vimeo channel and do it that way. The Facebook problem may have something to do with my privacy settings. Thanks for the reply.
-
Dog is my Copilot offline

-
Posts:
433
- Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:38 am
- Location: Portland
- Aircraft: 1958 Cessna 180A
-
Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:45 pm
Dog is my Copilot wrote:. The Facebook problem may have something to do with my privacy settings.
Ah, yeah. That's likely the issue.
-
Zzz offline

-
Posts:
2992
- Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:09 pm
- Location: Nowhere
- Aircraft: None
-
DISPLAY OPTIONS
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests