Backcountry Pilot • WTB 26” Goodyears

WTB 26” Goodyears

Gear for sale, gear wanted, etc. Be sure to read the Required Reading sticky before posting.
9 posts • Page 1 of 1

WTB 26” Goodyears

I have been on the back order list for four months and today Skygeek canceled my order and said they could not fill it.
So I am posting on here to see if anybody might have a set of 26’s they would be willing to sell. Slightly used would be great, but let me know what you have. I’m hoping for the best since my 8-50’s are pretty worn.
Thanks,
Brent
Wilson offline
User avatar
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:30 pm
Location: Lander
Aircraft: Cessna 140
Cessna 180

Re: WTB 26” Goodyears

I don’t have any 26 GY tires on hand but they are great tires as long as you don’t let the pressure get too low.

I have had terrible experiences with Skygeek in the past where they sold me something and never were able to deliver on the order after weeks of waiting.

Might try Desser or another reputable retailer. It would take a pretty special deal to get me to order from Skygeek again.
Scolopax offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 1718
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:02 pm
Location: Nottingham
FindMeSpot URL: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/face ... 4aYqSexnZC

Re: WTB 26” Goodyears

I hear ya. It was a special deal, $445 a piece. I thought it was too good to be true, just wish it didn’t take 4 months to find out for sure.
Hopefully somebody has some squirreled away they can part with.
Wilson offline
User avatar
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:30 pm
Location: Lander
Aircraft: Cessna 140
Cessna 180

Re: WTB 26” Goodyears

I just contacted a guy I sold a plane to that had them. Not sure if they use them or still have them. Will let you know what I find out

Update They sold them
180Marty offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 2324
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:59 am
Location: Paullina IA

Re: WTB 26” Goodyears

Try Cub Crafter’s, they have had them in the past. Also Aircraft Spruce. I have purchased 26’s from both over the years.

I would suggest new tubes also. Get good quality tubes such as Goodyear.
G44 offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 2104
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:46 am
Location: Michigan

Re: WTB 26” Goodyears

Desser usually has them in stock, but not at that price.

MTV
mtv offline
Knowledge Base Author
User avatar
Posts: 10588
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:47 am
Location: Bozeman

Re: WTB 26” Goodyears

I too have looked everywhere, seems they are out of stock and back ordered, no deliveries likely until December

Thanks Covid
Utah-Jay offline
User avatar
Posts: 366
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:22 pm
Location: Heber City
Aircraft: Bearhawk Companion

Re: WTB 26” Goodyears

Thanks for checking Marty.
Thanks to all for the replies. It does seem that everybody is out of stock right now.
I’m holding out hope that somebody has some in the back of the hangar.
Wilson offline
User avatar
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:30 pm
Location: Lander
Aircraft: Cessna 140
Cessna 180

Re: WTB 26” Goodyears

Good news. Found some good used tires.
Thanks Zane for hooking me up!
Brent
Wilson offline
User avatar
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:30 pm
Location: Lander
Aircraft: Cessna 140
Cessna 180

DISPLAY OPTIONS

9 posts • Page 1 of 1

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Latest Features

Latest Knowledge Base