Backcountry Pilot • WTB: 31” or 29” Desser Tundra tires.

WTB: 31” or 29” Desser Tundra tires.

Gear for sale, gear wanted, etc. Be sure to read the Required Reading sticky before posting.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1

WTB: 31” or 29” Desser Tundra tires.

With deep regret and a belly full of crow I come to terms with and admit that I need big tires. Swingle was right, ‘you got to have fat tires.’



BTW, where is Pops’s fat tire video where he’s singing to the pretty gal? Seems to have been deleted.

In all seriousness, every time I fly I get more nicks in my prop which I can’t ignore any longer. The prop it just too close to the ground. The easiest and quickest solution, besides shortening the prop, is to install big tires. The Desser options appear to fit my mission well so if you have some sitting around you don’t want let me know.
whee offline
User avatar
Posts: 3386
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:59 pm
Location: SE Idaho

Re: WTB: 31” or 29” Desser Tundra tires.

Utah-Jay offline
User avatar
Posts: 367
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:22 pm
Location: Heber City
Aircraft: Bearhawk Companion

Re: WTB: 31” or 29” Desser Tundra tires.

Oh its alive and well. https://youtu.be/QMpyZA1zQK0
A1Skinner offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 5219
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:38 am
Location: Eaglesham
FindMeSpot URL: [url:1vzmrq4a]http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0az97SSJm2Ky58iEMJLqgaAQvVxMnGp6G[/url:1vzmrq4a]
Aircraft: Cessna 210J, Citabria 7GCBC, AT402/502/602

Re: WTB: 31” or 29” Desser Tundra tires.

whee wrote:....every time I fly I get more nicks in my prop which I can’t ignore any longer. The prop it just too close to the ground. The easiest and quickest solution, besides shortening the prop, is to install big tires. ......


The Bearhawk is a homebuilt-- does anyone ever install taller-than-standard gear?
Considering the cost of wheels brakes & tires, that might be less expensive-- although I'm sure not as simple.
hotrod180 offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 10607
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:47 pm
Location: Port Townsend, WA
Cessna Skywagon -- accept no substitute!

Re: WTB: 31” or 29” Desser Tundra tires.



That’s a great buy for someone that wants a whole setup. I’m surprised it hasn’t sold.

A1Skinner wrote:Oh its alive and well. https://youtu.be/QMpyZA1zQK0


Score!!!

hotrod180 wrote:
whee wrote:....every time I fly I get more nicks in my prop which I can’t ignore any longer. The prop it just too close to the ground. The easiest and quickest solution, besides shortening the prop, is to install big tires. ......


The Bearhawk is a homebuilt-- does anyone ever install taller-than-standard gear?
Considering the cost of wheels brakes & tires, that might be less expensive-- although I'm sure not as simple.


Considering the cost of properly designing and getting the machine work done for the oleo Bushwheels are cheap. It hasn’t been done for that reason. Plus, 3” of extra height is about all you can get before you run into major issues.
whee offline
User avatar
Posts: 3386
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:59 pm
Location: SE Idaho

DISPLAY OPTIONS

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Latest Features

Latest Knowledge Base