Backcountry Pilot • WTB: Cessna 205

WTB: Cessna 205

Gear for sale, gear wanted, etc. Be sure to read the Required Reading sticky before posting.
10 posts • Page 1 of 1

WTB: Cessna 205

Looking for the right Cessna 205. Not looking for a project, but if the right one comes along for the right price I would have a look. I've been searching on all the regular sites (Barnstormers, Trade-a-Plane, Controller) and have posted on multiple Facebook groups without much luck. Modifications such as WingX wing extensions, extended baggage, long range tanks, VGs, HD nose fork, ect are a plus. IFR certified preferred.

If you are thinking about selling your C205 or know someone who might be, please reply!
muldrowe offline
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:07 pm
Location: Cincinnati

Re: WTB: Cessna 205

asa offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 1533
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 1:56 pm
Location: ak

Re: WTB: Cessna 205

I wouldn't say they are the same. The 206 wing performs better then the 205 hands down. Extended baggage availability, more STCs, and even a bigger stock baggage area give the 206 even more edge. I'd be looking at the one Asa shared for sure, looks nice.
A1Skinner offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 5219
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:38 am
Location: Eaglesham
FindMeSpot URL: [url:1vzmrq4a]http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0az97SSJm2Ky58iEMJLqgaAQvVxMnGp6G[/url:1vzmrq4a]
Aircraft: Cessna 210J, Citabria 7GCBC, AT402/502/602

Re: WTB: Cessna 205

Pinecone offline
User avatar
Posts: 996
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:37 pm
Location: Airdrie
Aircraft: Cessna A185F

Re: WTB: Cessna 205

Pinecone wrote:https://www.k-air.ca/cessna-205
I knew about that plane but didn't suggest it. It's not worth nearly the asking price. A few fishy things on it...
A1Skinner offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 5219
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:38 am
Location: Eaglesham
FindMeSpot URL: [url:1vzmrq4a]http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0az97SSJm2Ky58iEMJLqgaAQvVxMnGp6G[/url:1vzmrq4a]
Aircraft: Cessna 210J, Citabria 7GCBC, AT402/502/602

Re: WTB: Cessna 205

What’s the asking price? I didn’t see it in the ad. It doesn’t seem to fit for the OP, but it’s not advertised in The mainstream so I thought I’d put it up. It might be just right for someone.
Pinecone offline
User avatar
Posts: 996
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:37 pm
Location: Airdrie
Aircraft: Cessna A185F

Re: WTB: Cessna 205

Pinecone wrote:What’s the asking price? I didn’t see it in the ad. It doesn’t seem to fit for the OP, but it’s not advertised in The mainstream so I thought I’d put it up. It might be just right for someone.
They were asking 145k. But now dropped the broker and dropped the price to 110 USD. It's listed on kijiji now.
A1Skinner offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 5219
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:38 am
Location: Eaglesham
FindMeSpot URL: [url:1vzmrq4a]http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0az97SSJm2Ky58iEMJLqgaAQvVxMnGp6G[/url:1vzmrq4a]
Aircraft: Cessna 210J, Citabria 7GCBC, AT402/502/602

Re: WTB: Cessna 205

They are super hard to come by now, and nearly impossible to finance and insure because of the major valuation gap between vRef/Aircraft Bluebook.

But at a fraction of the cost of an equivalent 206, it’s definitely still the buy of the century.

Mine was listed at $125k when I bought it. Didn’t get it for much less than that. Avemco and others would only insure it to $99, bank would only value it at $89....

But BWI got me into a policy that was a bit more but covered it fully.

I have some field approved goodies on mine that I would be glad to share the 337s on and there’s a great owner group on FB.

I’d also check that group as there seems to have been a few pass through lately for sale.


Image
BradleyP offline
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:32 am
Location: Bakersfield
Aircraft: 1999 Maule MXT-7-180

Re: WTB: Cessna 205

BradleyP wrote:I have some field approved goodies on mine that I would be glad to share the 337s on


https://backcountrypilot.org/knowledge- ... ifications

Send me what ya got if you'd like them posted (knowledge@). You should also be able to upload PDFs with your comment on that page.
Zzz offline
Janitorial Staff
Posts: 2992
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:09 pm
Location: Nowhere
Aircraft: None

Re: WTB: Cessna 205

BradleyP wrote:They are super hard to come by now, and nearly impossible to finance and insure because of the major valuation gap between vRef/Aircraft Bluebook.

But at a fraction of the cost of an equivalent 206, it’s definitely still the buy of the century.

Mine was listed at $125k when I bought it. Didn’t get it for much less than that. Avemco and others would only insure it to $99, bank would only value it at $89....

But BWI got me into a policy that was a bit more but covered it fully.

I have some field approved goodies on mine that I would be glad to share the 337s on and there’s a great owner group on FB.

I’d also check that group as there seems to have been a few pass through lately for sale.


Image


Getting an insurance broker or underwriter to fully cover a plane, such as one that's extensively modified, etc can be a challenge. I've had really good luck in that with AVEMCO. I just write up all the mods, equipment, etc that make this plane "Special", and send it to them with my suggested stated value. I've never had them turn me down....yet. It takes some time, and effort,for sure, but worthwhile.

MTV
mtv offline
Knowledge Base Author
User avatar
Posts: 10588
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:47 am
Location: Bozeman

DISPLAY OPTIONS

10 posts • Page 1 of 1

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Latest Features

Latest Knowledge Base