Backcountry Pilot • WTB Continental 470 Crankshaft

WTB Continental 470 Crankshaft

Gear for sale, gear wanted, etc. Be sure to read the Required Reading sticky before posting.
10 posts • Page 1 of 1

WTB Continental 470 Crankshaft

Looking to purchase or trade Continental O-470 K or L or M or U crankshaft. Part numbers 633219 or 643911. Or trade a Continental O 470 R and cash for crankshaft listed above.
mtaylor offline
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:55 pm
Location: Washington
Aircraft: Cessna 182

Re: WTB Continental 470 Crankshaft

Not sure the part number offhand, but any chance it’s the same as a IO470F or IO470VO crank.?

I have one I removed from an engine, had it magnafluxed, checked out good. I didn’t have it ground but I think I remember that it was going to end up .010” under.
AEROPOD offline
Posts: 492
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:02 pm
Location: Aurora, CO

Re: WTB Continental 470 Crankshaft

Going Pponk?

How's the rest of your core? I only ask because a friend has a complete running when removed K or L motor. He removed it to install a Pponk that he had built on a 520 Core. I can fwd you his contact info if you'd like, he's not a forum guy...
Rob offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 1591
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:34 am

Re: WTB Continental 470 Crankshaft

The part number is different for the IO470F (630927) and I need part number 633219 or 643911. I will check with the engine re builder to see if he can use a IO470F or IO470VO crank
mtaylor offline
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:55 pm
Location: Washington
Aircraft: Cessna 182

Re: WTB Continental 470 Crankshaft

Rob wrote:Going Pponk?

How's the rest of your core? I only ask because a friend has a complete running when removed K or L motor. He removed it to install a Pponk that he had built on a 520 Core. I can fwd you his contact info if you'd like, he's not a forum guy...


Yes I am going with the Pponk conversion. Purchased and installed the 3 blade Hartzell propeller 3 years ago when the old propeller needed servicing. My core is in good condition. Hoping to find a correct crankshaft but may have to purchase a whole core to get the correct crankshaft. Do you know how much he wants for the O470K core?
mtaylor offline
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:55 pm
Location: Washington
Aircraft: Cessna 182

Re: WTB Continental 470 Crankshaft

Try Dustin at Lawson Aviation. I know they had some cranks in stock when my motor was built - (269) 858-5756.

They would be a good shop to build the p-ponk if you don't already have a place picked out. They built mine. They stand behind there work.
Barrakudaman offline
Posts: 157
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:15 pm
Location: Fonddulac
Aircraft: 1960 Cessna 182

Re: WTB Continental 470 Crankshaft

Barrakudaman wrote:Try Dustin at Lawson Aviation. I know they had some cranks in stock when my motor was built - (269) 858-5756.

They would be a good shop to build the p-ponk if you don't already have a place picked out. They built mine. They stand behind there work.


Dustin at Lawson Aviation is who I picked out to do the p-ponk conversion. He doesn't have any cranks in stock at the moment. Hope he gets some in. In the mean time I thought it maybe a good idea to look for a crank. When did they do your engine?
mtaylor offline
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:55 pm
Location: Washington
Aircraft: Cessna 182

Re: WTB Continental 470 Crankshaft

Ok. great. you will be happy you chose them. They built my motor about two years ago. They are always willing to help after the sale.
Barrakudaman offline
Posts: 157
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:15 pm
Location: Fonddulac
Aircraft: 1960 Cessna 182

Re: WTB Continental 470 Crankshaft

Barrakudaman wrote:Try Dustin at Lawson Aviation. I know they had some cranks in stock when my motor was built - (269) 858-5756.

They would be a good shop to build the p-ponk if you don't already have a place picked out. They built mine. They stand behind there work.


One more very satisfied Lawson customer here! Strong engine and excellent support.
Scolopax offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 1718
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:02 pm
Location: Nottingham
FindMeSpot URL: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/face ... 4aYqSexnZC

Re: WTB Continental 470 Crankshaft

mtaylor wrote:
Rob wrote:Going Pponk?

How's the rest of your core? I only ask because a friend has a complete running when removed K or L motor. He removed it to install a Pponk that he had built on a 520 Core. I can fwd you his contact info if you'd like, he's not a forum guy...


Yes I am going with the Pponk conversion. Purchased and installed the 3 blade Hartzell propeller 3 years ago when the old propeller needed servicing. My core is in good condition. Hoping to find a correct crankshaft but may have to purchase a whole core to get the correct crankshaft. Do you know how much he wants for the O470K core?



PM sent
Rob offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 1591
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:34 am

DISPLAY OPTIONS

10 posts • Page 1 of 1

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Latest Features

Latest Knowledge Base