Backcountry Pilot • WTB IO-550 powered 180/185.

WTB IO-550 powered 180/185.

Gear for sale, gear wanted, etc. Be sure to read the Required Reading sticky before posting.
8 posts • Page 1 of 1

WTB IO-550 powered 180/185.

Must be straight, super-clean, never on floats and low time. Private, no hassle buyer, but I will not participate in an auction or consider an airplane where the seller has not set a price.

Thx.


Steve

936 788-4782
[email protected]
Jumpy offline
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:39 am

Re: WTB IO-550 powered 180/185.

Well Capt Kerosene, how about you provide us with a link to the nicest one you've looked at so far, and rejected.
That way we know how not to waste your time.

Signed, The Commodore
SkyTruck offline
User avatar
Posts: 491
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:48 pm
Location: KVCB, KBZN, NIN(AK)
'80 A185F

Re: WTB IO-550 powered 180/185.

I've inquired about two. One was a "make offer" plane and I have no desire to deal with that again. If a plane is for sale then set a price. The other was N104TR and it was discovered that the plane had spent 10 years on floats after the seller's rep had (innocently) represented it as a never on floats airplane. I sold N3SM about two years ago and am ready to buy again. I know what I want. What I am willing to accept is bad paint, high time engine, poor radios, bad glass and well documented and repaired damage history. To each his own.

Steve
Jumpy offline
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:39 am

Re: WTB IO-550 powered 180/185.

Well now we know what you are looking for…
I'll keep a look out for you.
I do know that Seaplanes North, formerly Floats Alaska on Lake Hood, does about two 550 Conversions on 180/185's a month.
Most will have likely been on floats, but they would be a good resource.

Good luck.

Mark
SkyTruck offline
User avatar
Posts: 491
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:48 pm
Location: KVCB, KBZN, NIN(AK)
'80 A185F

Re: WTB IO-550 powered 180/185.

Hey Steve
Glad to see you have decided to come back. An early 180 with IO550 sure would be a rocket,but hard to find. You probly want newer anyways. I'll keep an eye out too. Hope ya find one soon, there is a busy fun season ahead of us.
If you are willing to take bad paint/windows/engine/ radios etc, why not find a good clean early carcass and build it up with the things you want.

Having said that, I know it is generally cheaper to find one done that someone has lost interest in.
Gary
Last edited by shortfielder on Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shortfielder offline
User avatar
Posts: 2345
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:14 pm
Location: Durango, Colorado
FindMeSpot URL: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/face ... D263l9HKFb
If you want to go up, pull back on the controls. If you want to go down, pull back farther.

My SPOT page

Re: WTB IO-550 powered 180/185.

My friend has the airplane you are looking for.
I sent you a PM.
Hafast offline
User avatar
Posts: 557
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:05 pm
Location: KDVT
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

Re: WTB IO-550 powered 180/185.

I just looked at this one - not an IO-550 but instead teh IO-520, which is the 300hp airplanes stc. Only a few hundred hours on the engine, exterior is very nice - interior is fair. Low time airframe, clean - supposedly never on floats. Std tanks.

Not the plane for me - sounds like what you are looking for however...

http://www.barnstormers.com/classified_874532_1959+Cessna+180B.html
soyAnarchisto offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 1977
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:23 pm
Location: Boulder, CO
Aircraft: 1955 Cessna 180

Re: WTB IO-550 powered 180/185.

Some nice planes out there but nothing that meets my specs. Thanks for trying.

Steve
Jumpy offline
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:39 am

DISPLAY OPTIONS

8 posts • Page 1 of 1

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Latest Features

Latest Knowledge Base