Backcountry Pilot • WTB Rudder for a 1948 Stinson 108-3

WTB Rudder for a 1948 Stinson 108-3

Gear for sale, gear wanted, etc. Be sure to read the Required Reading sticky before posting.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1

WTB Rudder for a 1948 Stinson 108-3

I have a damaged rudder where the rudder steering arm attaches at the bottom. At this point I’m looking at needing to replace the rudder spar. With that in mind, if I am able to find a full rudder in good shape for a reasonable price it might make sense to just replace it. The current rudder has already been repaired a time or two.

I’ve already talked to Earl Allen in CA and he doesn’t have one at the moment. Any other leads on one would be great!

Thanks,

CW
clippwagon offline
User avatar
Posts: 737
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:49 pm
Location: Oregon

Re: WTB Rudder for a 1948 Stinson 108-3

I have a rudder with a good bottom. The top of the rudder is not good. I could send pictures if that would help. I am in Idaho.
soaringhiggy offline
User avatar
Posts: 711
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:22 pm
Location: Kimberly, ID
48 Stinson 108-3

Re: WTB Rudder for a 1948 Stinson 108-3

soaringhiggy wrote:I have a rudder with a good bottom. The top of the rudder is not good. I could send pictures if that would help. I am in Idaho.


I would definitely be interested in some pictures. You can PM them if you like or Text: five 4 one- 7 eight eight- zero 4 three eight. If the spar is undamaged it might be easier to pop the top off of mine and put it on yours rather than replace the spar.

Thanks,

CW
clippwagon offline
User avatar
Posts: 737
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:49 pm
Location: Oregon

Re: WTB Rudder for a 1948 Stinson 108-3

I talked to soaringhiggy on the phone and his may still be an option for me but if anyone has one or knows of one somewhere I’m still interested in hearing about it!

Thanks,

CW
clippwagon offline
User avatar
Posts: 737
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:49 pm
Location: Oregon

Re: WTB Rudder for a 1948 Stinson 108-3

You can get brand new Stinson 108-3 rudders from Univair. But it might not meet your at a good price requirement.
corefile offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 637
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:59 pm
Location: San Jose, Ca
Aircraft: Cessna 180 - sold

Re: WTB Rudder for a 1948 Stinson 108-3

corefile wrote:You can get brand new Stinson 108-3 rudders from Univair. But it might not meet your at a good price requirement.


You are accurate on all fronts! Hoping to be into it way under Univairs price of a new one. I also heard that the tooling used on the new ones may not match the stamped pleats on the skin. Not sure if that is true or not but either way the easiest would be to find one laying around somewhere that is complete.

CW
clippwagon offline
User avatar
Posts: 737
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:49 pm
Location: Oregon

DISPLAY OPTIONS

6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Latest Features

Latest Knowledge Base