Backcountry Pilot • Keeping track of A1Skinner

Keeping track of A1Skinner

Did you fly somewhere cool, take photos, and feel like telling the tale to make us drool from the confines of our offices? Post them up!
63 posts • Page 3 of 4 • 1, 2, 3, 4

Re: Keeping track of A1Skinner

A1Skinner wrote:Image


Instant classic pic: "riding the spinner". Love it!
hotrod180 offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 10607
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:47 pm
Location: Port Townsend, WA
Cessna Skywagon -- accept no substitute!

Re: Keeping track of A1Skinner

Awesome pics David. Good lookin crew!

Rod
UpNorth
UpNorth offline
User avatar
Posts: 122
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:42 pm
Location: Carcross

Re: Keeping track of A1Skinner

Family looks great. No wonder you need a 206! Cool C-number too. I marched down to the urologist after we were sure #2 was going to survive to ensure I'd never need more than a Tri-Pacer, which is good because I can barely handle 2 kids.
Zzz offline
Janitorial Staff
Posts: 2992
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:09 pm
Location: Nowhere
Aircraft: None

Re: Keeping track of A1Skinner

Zzz wrote:Family looks great. No wonder you need a 206! Cool C-number too. I marched down to the urologist after we were sure #2 was going to survive to ensure I'd never need more than a Tri-Pacer, which is good because I can barely handle 2 kids.

Haha. I’m a month post surgery from that. Still get a bit sore every now and again…
A1Skinner offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 5219
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:38 am
Location: Eaglesham
FindMeSpot URL: [url:1vzmrq4a]http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0az97SSJm2Ky58iEMJLqgaAQvVxMnGp6G[/url:1vzmrq4a]
Aircraft: Cessna 210J, Citabria 7GCBC, AT402/502/602

Re: Keeping track of A1Skinner

A1Skinner wrote:I’m a month post surgery from that. Still get a bit sore every now and again…


Good on ya… Caravans are too expensive.

I was sore for about a year #-o And still, occasionally if I move just right I’ll get a reminder.
Zzz offline
Janitorial Staff
Posts: 2992
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:09 pm
Location: Nowhere
Aircraft: None

Re: Keeping track of A1Skinner

Zzz wrote:
A1Skinner wrote:I’m a month post surgery from that. Still get a bit sore every now and again…


Good on ya… Caravans are too expensive.

I was sore for about a year #-o And still, occasionally if I move just right I’ll get a reminder.


You guys aren’t making me very enthusiastic about my upcoming appointment that I’ve been putting off. Still, the possible consequence of skipping it is worse.
whee offline
User avatar
Posts: 3386
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:59 pm
Location: SE Idaho

Re: Keeping track of A1Skinner

whee wrote:
Zzz wrote:
A1Skinner wrote:I’m a month post surgery from that. Still get a bit sore every now and again…


Good on ya… Caravans are too expensive.

I was sore for about a year #-o And still, occasionally if I move just right I’ll get a reminder.


You guys aren’t making me very enthusiastic about my upcoming appointment that I’ve been putting off. Still, the possible consequence of skipping it is worse.

I had the option to do a less invasive one, they just used an air blast to freeze rather then sticking a needle in there. I was back to work a week after. I would highly recommend that option if you have a choice.
A1Skinner offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 5219
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:38 am
Location: Eaglesham
FindMeSpot URL: [url:1vzmrq4a]http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0az97SSJm2Ky58iEMJLqgaAQvVxMnGp6G[/url:1vzmrq4a]
Aircraft: Cessna 210J, Citabria 7GCBC, AT402/502/602

Re: Keeping track of A1Skinner

Wow, boyz :shock:

Find a good urologist if you haven't had this done yet. I was flying and loading a two year old old and a new born into the plane the very next day after mine. Then again, a buddy of mine had his done by his good 'ol family doc and he was swollen and sore for quite some time...and not in a good way :lol:

A quality job shouldn't be anything to be scared of. Been happily shooting blanks for years now :D
MrPants offline
User avatar
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 9:41 am
Location: Bend
Aircraft: PA-22/20

Re: Keeping track of A1Skinner

MrPants wrote:Wow, boyz :shock:

Find a good urologist if you haven't had this done yet. I was flying and loading a two year old old and a new born into the plane the very next day after mine. Then again, a buddy of mine had his done by his good 'ol family doc and he was swollen and sore for quite some time...and not in a good way :lol:

A quality job shouldn't be anything to be scared of. Been happily shooting blanks for years now :D


Anyone else have a PiREP on their vasectomy? Tubal ligations?
Zzz offline
Janitorial Staff
Posts: 2992
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:09 pm
Location: Nowhere
Aircraft: None

Re: Keeping track of A1Skinner

Zzz wrote:
MrPants wrote:Wow, boyz :shock:

Find a good urologist if you haven't had this done yet. I was flying and loading a two year old old and a new born into the plane the very next day after mine. Then again, a buddy of mine had his done by his good 'ol family doc and he was swollen and sore for quite some time...and not in a good way :lol:

A quality job shouldn't be anything to be scared of. Been happily shooting blanks for years now :D


Anyone else have a PiREP on their vasectomy? Tubal ligations?

Might have to start a new thread titled “how to avoid needing a bigger family airplane”. Haha.
A1Skinner offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 5219
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:38 am
Location: Eaglesham
FindMeSpot URL: [url:1vzmrq4a]http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0az97SSJm2Ky58iEMJLqgaAQvVxMnGp6G[/url:1vzmrq4a]
Aircraft: Cessna 210J, Citabria 7GCBC, AT402/502/602

Re: Keeping track of A1Skinner

Zzz wrote:Anyone else have a PiREP on their vasectomy? Tubal ligations?

I had a vasectomy done last week. I wasn’t quite loading kids the next day, but yard work on day two was no problem. Only minor soreness now. Pro tip: have a bag of frozen peas waiting for you when you get home.
Shackle offline
User avatar
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:46 am
Location: Colorado Springs
Aircraft: Stinson 108-2

Re: Keeping track of A1Skinner

Well, Once again I've not been updating this thread enough. Its been another year of ups and downs. Had a great summer of flying though. Broke 300 hrs for the second straight year, and over 250 in a 502B. Stepping up to a 502XP this year and heading to Quebec in a couple months to start the season on a forestry contract. And been very busy in the shop trying to keep up with maintenance. Also working towards my IFR and also getting my US conversion. Nothing like not having the ability to say no... haha.

On the family side, things have taken a turn. Been separated from the wife for almost a year now. Still get to see my kids and take them flying though, which we really enjoy doing together. So that's a bonus. As much as it sucks, its for the best at the end of the day and my stress levels have dropped considerably...

I'll try to get posting more pics here and stay more up to date with it.
A1Skinner offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 5219
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:38 am
Location: Eaglesham
FindMeSpot URL: [url:1vzmrq4a]http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0az97SSJm2Ky58iEMJLqgaAQvVxMnGp6G[/url:1vzmrq4a]
Aircraft: Cessna 210J, Citabria 7GCBC, AT402/502/602

Re: Keeping track of A1Skinner

A bunch of us headed out to Charlie Lake for a fly-in on the ice last weekend. Lots of planes showed up, and I had such a good time I forgot to take many pictures. Haha.
Image
A good friend in his 180 I helped him get together on a budget.
Image
Image
Image
Just a couple pictures from up on the lake bank.

And here's a couple pictures of me laying down some fungicide last summer.
Image
Image

Man I love my job!
A1Skinner offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 5219
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:38 am
Location: Eaglesham
FindMeSpot URL: [url:1vzmrq4a]http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0az97SSJm2Ky58iEMJLqgaAQvVxMnGp6G[/url:1vzmrq4a]
Aircraft: Cessna 210J, Citabria 7GCBC, AT402/502/602

Re: Keeping track of A1Skinner

This is the big project that's been keeping me busiest in the shop right now. Firewall/tunnel/boot cowl replacement after a hard landing on a C182.
Image
And any spare time I get I seem to use upgrading my 206. Added a GNX375 this winter so I have some IFR capability.
Image
Busy enough in the shop that it wear my shop hound Piper right out...
Image

And of course a guy has to take a bit of time for a good hobby. I'm a sucker for adult Lego. Whoever thought of that was a genius...
Image
Last edited by Zzz on Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Rotated the dog
A1Skinner offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 5219
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:38 am
Location: Eaglesham
FindMeSpot URL: [url:1vzmrq4a]http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0az97SSJm2Ky58iEMJLqgaAQvVxMnGp6G[/url:1vzmrq4a]
Aircraft: Cessna 210J, Citabria 7GCBC, AT402/502/602

Re: Keeping track of A1Skinner

Thought Piper was stuffed on the wall until I realized the picture was sideways. :roll:
Karmutzen offline
User avatar
Posts: 722
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:47 pm
Location: Great Bear Rainforest
'74 7GCBC, 26" ABW, Aera 660 feeding G5 and FC-10 FF.

Re: Keeping track of A1Skinner

Well, been a while since I've posted here. I've made some changes in my airplane world. The 206 that I absolutely love and thought I'd never sell has gone to a new home. I just rarely filled the seats and I wanted to go faster. I also wanted to go slower and have something a bit more back country capable again. So I'll introduce Gwen and Clementine. Gwen is a C210J, low time, almost new engine, and I've been very impressed with the speed and capabilities. The thing that sold me on her is how slow she flies and lands. Stalls at 54mph, cruises at 190mph on 13gph. For my 900NM flights back and forth for work in the winter it just works awesome. Clementine came out of lower Ontario. The gentleman bought her brand new in 1978 and put 976hrs on her. Looking forward to having a ski plane again. She will need fabric in the next couple years, but she's in very good shape all things considered. Just flew her home, 17hrs air time. Never skipped a beat. She'll be getting some big tires and a few other backcountry mods. Looking forward to sharing more pictures of adventures with her.
Image
A1Skinner offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 5219
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:38 am
Location: Eaglesham
FindMeSpot URL: [url:1vzmrq4a]http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0az97SSJm2Ky58iEMJLqgaAQvVxMnGp6G[/url:1vzmrq4a]
Aircraft: Cessna 210J, Citabria 7GCBC, AT402/502/602

Re: Keeping track of A1Skinner

210 is an amazing airplane!
DaveF offline
User avatar
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:06 am
Location: Colorado
'54 170B O-360, MT

Re: Keeping track of A1Skinner

And it's even painted to look like an early restart 206! :P JK.
CAVU offline
User avatar
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 4:54 pm

Re: Keeping track of A1Skinner

Very nice! 7GCBC?

Pete
pburns offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:05 pm
Location: Adirondack Mt's
Aircraft: Citabria 7ECA

Re: Keeping track of A1Skinner

pburns wrote:Very nice! 7GCBC?

Pete

Yes sir.
A1Skinner offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 5219
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:38 am
Location: Eaglesham
FindMeSpot URL: [url:1vzmrq4a]http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0az97SSJm2Ky58iEMJLqgaAQvVxMnGp6G[/url:1vzmrq4a]
Aircraft: Cessna 210J, Citabria 7GCBC, AT402/502/602

DISPLAY OPTIONS

PreviousNext
63 posts • Page 3 of 4 • 1, 2, 3, 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Latest Features

Latest Knowledge Base