Backcountry Pilot • Door seal gap

Door seal gap

Have problems with your aircraft? Maybe just questions about how best to tune or adjust something? Regs or maintenance? Need to know the best way to do something?
3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Door seal gap

Hey guys,

Looking for some advice on the best method to correct some deflection in my door. The top of my door is tight, but rest of the back edge deflects outward just enough that the seal doesn't make contact with the frame and creates wind noise, especially at the bottom corner. Seems like the majority of the problem could be resolved by adjusting the latch, but I can't figure out how to accomplish that. Before I go start exploratory surgery on the latch mechanism I was hoping for a pragmatic sanity check from someone who has solved this very issue.
IMG_4614.jpeg
CParker offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 514
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 8:21 am
Location: SMN
Aircraft: 1979 TU206G

Re: Door seal gap

An exoeranced cessna mechanic will know how to twist/bend the door so it alignes correctly.

Sometimes a shim is needed at one or both of the front hinges. to get the front to line up nice.

Then the door catch can be adjusted.

Its not hard but if you have to ask best to seak out some old pro. It will save you money in the end ;)

Rocket
rocket online
User avatar
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 3:08 pm
Location: Talkeetna
FindMeSpot URL: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/face ... 9GZmP4hOO2

Re: Door seal gap

I figured it out, the little tab that holds the bushing in place in the rotary cam assembly was bent backwards and when I removed it, it just broke right off. Because it was bent back, the door was not sucking up as tight as it should when you push the door latch lever forward. Seems like what would be a pretty common failure point so I’m photos of it for anyone else that has the same issue.

The last photo shows it reassembled with the bushing snapped onto the remaining bit of tab. Even that makes the door closed tighter than it used to. I’ll leave it like that until I can find a suitable replacement.
IMG_4636.jpeg
IMG_4635.jpeg
IMG_4637.jpeg
image.jpg
CParker offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 514
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 8:21 am
Location: SMN
Aircraft: 1979 TU206G

DISPLAY OPTIONS

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

Latest Features

Latest Knowledge Base