Backcountry Pilot • FS: 1959 C-180B

FS: 1959 C-180B

Gear for sale, gear wanted, etc. Be sure to read the Required Reading sticky before posting.
34 posts • Page 1 of 2 • 1, 2

FS: 1959 C-180B

This solid straight flying 180 has spent its whole life in Arizona and Wyoming. It has no hail and needs nothing but someone to fly it.

Airframe TT 3820
SMOH 1426
STOH 398
Prop TTSN 398
McCauley 2A34C203-C
February 2014 Annual
Icom A-210 com
King KT-76A Transponder with Mode C
Transponder VFR certified April 2014
4-place Intercom
Paint 7
Interior 8

Did I mention dry country and no hail?
494 offline
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:14 pm
Location: Grand Island

Re: FS: 1959 C-180B

Price and location?
48RagwingPilot offline
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:27 am

Re: FS: 1959 C-180B

Pics?
A1Skinner offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 5219
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:38 am
Location: Eaglesham
FindMeSpot URL: [url:1vzmrq4a]http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0az97SSJm2Ky58iEMJLqgaAQvVxMnGp6G[/url:1vzmrq4a]
Aircraft: Cessna 210J, Citabria 7GCBC, AT402/502/602

Re: FS: 1959 C-180B

N9122T?

I did some quick searching, it is Kent's in Grand Island, Ne.
nefj40 offline
User avatar
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:42 pm
Location: Oral
Aircraft: 2016 cessna cub

Re: FS: 1959 C-180B

Hey janitor, I think there should be a rule that requires a price to be posted. Or if they do not know what they want they could at least say accepting offers.

Tim
qmdv offline
User avatar
Posts: 3635
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:22 pm
Location: Payette
FindMeSpot URL: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/face ... I5tqEOk0rc
Aircraft: Cessna 182

Re: FS: 1959 C-180B

Yes 494, you did mention dry country and no hail like a lot of other airplanes but you did not mention price, location or post any photos…

Float kit?
G44 offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 2104
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:46 am
Location: Michigan

Re: FS: 1959 C-180B

qmdv wrote:Hey janitor, I think there should be a rule that requires a price to be posted. Or if they do not know what they want they could at least say accepting offers.

Tim


Maybe the owner accidentally omitted that information and will return and edit his post. I agree that whatever you call the opposite of a tire kicker (a tease?) is a frustrating thing, but we already have too many requirements here. If they don't post a price, they can respond to inquiries or just lose the interest of the buyers.
Zzz offline
Janitorial Staff
Posts: 2992
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:09 pm
Location: Nowhere
Aircraft: None

Re: FS: 1959 C-180B

Zzz wrote:
qmdv wrote:Hey janitor, I think there should be a rule that requires a price to be posted. Or if they do not know what they want they could at least say accepting offers.

Tim


Maybe the owner accidentally omitted that information and will return and edit his post. I agree that whatever you call the opposite of a tire kicker (a tease?) is a frustrating thing, but we already have too many requirements here. If they don't post a price, they can respond to inquiries or just lose the interest of the buyers.


I guess I am guilty of what I complain about. To many rules already. I remember last Christmas when Fed Ex and UPS were late on package delivery, some Senator wanted to pass regulation to fix it.

Tim
qmdv offline
User avatar
Posts: 3635
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:22 pm
Location: Payette
FindMeSpot URL: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/face ... I5tqEOk0rc
Aircraft: Cessna 182

Re: FS: 1959 C-180B

Sorry, I did mean to put my phone number in the original post. Please feel free to call me at 308-390-5974. It is located in Grand Island, NE. It does not have the float kit. Please call or PM me to discuss pricing. I will try to get some pics up yet this evening.

Thanks,

Kent
494 offline
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:14 pm
Location: Grand Island

Re: FS: 1959 C-180B

I just created a photo album titled 180 for sale with pictures of my 180.

Kent
494 offline
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:14 pm
Location: Grand Island

Re: FS: 1959 C-180B

I will seldom call on any "for sale" ad if there is not a price listed, usually feel the same about no pictures. The sellers loss.

Steve
steve offline
User avatar
Posts: 822
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:03 am
Location: Dryden, North/West Ontario
Aircraft: 1980 Cessna 185F

Re: FS: 1959 C-180B

I agree with you Steve. I rarely inquire on any post without a price. Seems that when I used to ask they were normally overpriced and the owner is hoping for a sucker. Just my opinion and it may not always be the case. Pretty easy these days to find out what planes are selling for or are worth. Senseless to hide what you want unless you don't want the wife to find out. If it is priced fair it will sell so may as well let the public know so they can at least get an idea if it is within their budget before wasting the sellers time.
In regards to no pictures posted though, I don't let that affect me since there are still a lot of people that aren't computer savy enough to post them. I may be guilty of it. :oops:
WWhunter offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 2062
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:54 pm
Location: Minnesota
Aircraft: RANS S-7
Murphy Rebel
VANS RV-8

Re: FS: 1959 C-180B

494 wrote:I just created a photo album titled 180 for sale with pictures of my 180.

Kent


Here is the link to Kent's album of his 180: (I think he subconsciously doesn't want to sell it! ;-)

http://www.backcountrypilot.org/me/my-photos/3248-494/album?albumid=3886
CapnMike offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 842
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:25 am
Location: Kamas, Utah and Sandpoint, Idaho
"If my wings should fail me Lord, please meet me with another pair" - Led Zeppelin
"It's all going in my report..." - CapnMike

Re: FS: 1959 C-180B

2 2 Tango - I like it
soyAnarchisto offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 1977
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:23 pm
Location: Boulder, CO
Aircraft: 1955 Cessna 180

Re: FS: 1959 C-180B

I hope that my lack of computer skills has not caused too much inconvenience to anyone. I have been a BCP member for some time but have not posted much. Here is a link to the ad for it on Barnstormers.

http://www.barnstormers.com/listing.php?id=911610

It also appears on Barnstormer's home page featured ads.

Anyone interested is more than welcome to call or message me to discuss further.

Thanks,
Kent
494 offline
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:14 pm
Location: Grand Island

Re: FS: 1959 C-180B

Nice looking plane. But I'm sorry, I have to agree with the rest of the guys. I rarely will contact a seller if there is no price, regardless of the site its posted on.
A1Skinner offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 5219
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:38 am
Location: Eaglesham
FindMeSpot URL: [url:1vzmrq4a]http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0az97SSJm2Ky58iEMJLqgaAQvVxMnGp6G[/url:1vzmrq4a]
Aircraft: Cessna 210J, Citabria 7GCBC, AT402/502/602

Re: FS: 1959 C-180B

Yup, what it looks like and what's it going to cost me are the first two considerations in almost every decision in life.
River rat offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 750
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:32 pm
Location: Saskatchewan Can.
tricycles are for little girls

Re: FS: 1959 C-180B

I wish stores worked like your ad Kent. It would be so much cooler to walk over to the sales person and ask the price on each item in the store. I'd buy so much more. :wink:

If you want to sell the A/C, commit and post a price. Otherwise it just wastes folks time. #-o
Bigrenna offline
KB and Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 2358
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:02 pm
Location: New England
Aircraft: C180H / C170B
www.bushwagoneast.com

Re: FS: 1959 C-180B

Kent, is this your personal airplane, or are you a broker?

http://www.facebook.com/A1Aircraft

Gump
GumpAir offline
User avatar
Posts: 4557
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:14 am
Location: Lost somewhere in Nevada
Aircraft: Old Clunker

Re: FS: 1959 C-180B

I can see Kent's point of view. If you are a real buyer you will call, because it looks like a plane worth looking at.

If I was in the market for a 180 and saw that add on BCP I would simply PM Kent or call.

On the other hand I feel there is no deal to be had here. But I could be wrong.

See all the interest Kent is getting by not putting a price. This post keeps popping back to the top of the list. Sneaky smart.

G'Day
OregonMaule offline
User avatar
Posts: 6986
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:44 pm
Location: Orygun
My SPOT page

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety". Ben Franklin
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Benjamin_Franklin

DISPLAY OPTIONS

Next
34 posts • Page 1 of 2 • 1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Latest Features

Latest Knowledge Base