Backcountry Pilot • FS: 1959 C-180B

FS: 1959 C-180B

Gear for sale, gear wanted, etc. Be sure to read the Required Reading sticky before posting.
34 posts • Page 2 of 2 • 1, 2

Re: FS: 1959 C-180B

OregonMaule wrote:I can see Kent's point of view. If you are a real buyer you will call, because it looks like a plane worth looking at.

If I was in the market for a 180 and saw that add on BCP I would simply PM Kent or call.

On the other hand I feel there is no deal to be had here. But I could be wrong.

See all the interest Kent is getting by not putting a price. This post keeps popping back to the top of the list. Sneaky smart.

G'Day

I agree. And while I don't prefer the method it must work to some degree because it gets used a lot.

For me it feels kind of like buying something at an auction, sometimes you win, most of the time you don't.

CW
clippwagon offline
User avatar
Posts: 737
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:49 pm
Location: Oregon

Re: FS: 1959 C-180B

I'll give you 45k for it.
kase offline
User avatar
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:41 pm
Location: MT

Re: FS: 1959 C-180B

kase wrote:I'll give you 45k for it.
Raise it to 45.5 Now we have an auction.

Tim
qmdv offline
User avatar
Posts: 3635
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:22 pm
Location: Payette
FindMeSpot URL: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/face ... I5tqEOk0rc
Aircraft: Cessna 182

Re: FS: 1959 C-180B

That's one disadvantage of not listing a price here. The plane is now subject to a low ball offer in a public forum. Now that 45k has been thrown out there, any prospective buyer who looks at this forum topic will have trouble imagining that it's worth much more than that. It looks like a nice plane that I would estimate is probably worth 75-80k with a low time engine, and 50-55k or so with 1400+ hours on the engine.
Scolopax offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 1718
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:02 pm
Location: Nottingham
FindMeSpot URL: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/face ... 4aYqSexnZC

Re: FS: 1959 C-180B

A year and a half ago I looked at a 1956 182 with leather seats, mid time engine, better avionics (would not take much) ext baggage, double pucks, 850's, STOL kit , he wanted 68 and took my offer of 62. I bailed when I saw what insurance would cost.

And a 56 is 100 pounds lighter.

Tim
qmdv offline
User avatar
Posts: 3635
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:22 pm
Location: Payette
FindMeSpot URL: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/face ... I5tqEOk0rc
Aircraft: Cessna 182

Re: FS: 1959 C-180B

qmdv wrote:A year and a half ago I looked at a 1956 182 with leather seats, mid time engine, better avionics (would not take much) ext baggage, double pucks, 850's, STOL kit , he wanted 68 and took my offer of 62. I bailed when I saw what insurance would cost.

And a 56 is 100 pounds lighter.

Tim

Tim, insurance was high for a 182? Why? What is considered high for insurance?

David
A1Skinner offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 5219
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:38 am
Location: Eaglesham
FindMeSpot URL: [url:1vzmrq4a]http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0az97SSJm2Ky58iEMJLqgaAQvVxMnGp6G[/url:1vzmrq4a]
Aircraft: Cessna 210J, Citabria 7GCBC, AT402/502/602

Re: FS: 1959 C-180B

A1Skinner wrote:
qmdv wrote:A year and a half ago I looked at a 1956 182 with leather seats, mid time engine, better avionics (would not take much) ext baggage, double pucks, 850's, STOL kit , he wanted 68 and took my offer of 62. I bailed when I saw what insurance would cost.

And a 56 is 100 pounds lighter.

Tim

Tim, insurance was high for a 182? Why? What is considered high for insurance?

David


My mistake. What I was looking at was a 56 180 as described above. Ended up with a 56 182 with great paint and interior, ext baggage, 310 fork but avionics not worth mentioning. 208 hrs on fresh overhaul. Paid 40K.

Image

Only now and then do I wish I had a little wheel in back. Not worth 30 K more IMHO

Tim
qmdv offline
User avatar
Posts: 3635
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:22 pm
Location: Payette
FindMeSpot URL: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/face ... I5tqEOk0rc
Aircraft: Cessna 182

Re: FS: 1959 C-180B

Ok. I thought you had a 182. Haha.
A1Skinner offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 5219
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:38 am
Location: Eaglesham
FindMeSpot URL: [url:1vzmrq4a]http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0az97SSJm2Ky58iEMJLqgaAQvVxMnGp6G[/url:1vzmrq4a]
Aircraft: Cessna 210J, Citabria 7GCBC, AT402/502/602

Re: FS: 1959 C-180B

High time engine. Old style gyros. Bare radio and transponder. Be real easy to get up side down if you did anything to it.
kase offline
User avatar
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:41 pm
Location: MT

Re: FS: 1959 C-180B

qmdv,

Nice looking 182! You got a lot of airplane for 40 grand! I think straight tail 182's are a bargain compared to 180's, they do almost as much as a 180 at a much lower purchase and insurance prics. If you need skis in the winter then you will need a 180 but for most other applications the 182 will do just fine. Having owned 2 185', a 180 and a 182 this is the conclusion I have come to. I do love the 180/185 but it cost's more.

G44
G44 offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 2104
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:46 am
Location: Michigan

Re: FS: 1959 C-180B

G44 wrote:qmdv,

Nice looking 182! You got a lot of airplane for 40 grand! I think straight tail 182's are a bargain compared to 180's, they do almost as much as a 180 at a much lower purchase and insurance prics. If you need skis in the winter then you will need a 180 but for most other applications the 182 will do just fine. Having owned 2 185', a 180 and a 182 this is the conclusion I have come to. I do love the 180/185 but it cost's more.

G44


Kurt,

Actually, I know a couple guys who are operating straight ski equipped 182s in AK, and they do fine. They're not a Cub, but they can work there too.

MTV
mtv offline
Knowledge Base Author
User avatar
Posts: 10588
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:47 am
Location: Bozeman

Re: FS: 1959 C-180B

I'm with the consensus, no price, pass right over the ad, don't even read it properly. And I mean when I am looking for that exact item with cash in my pocket. I think any seller loses at least 50% of potential buyers this way. But if that's what they want to do - good luck to them.
daedaluscan offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 1302
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:06 pm
Location: Texada BC

Re: FS: 1959 C-180B

And yet this thread is at the top of the heap 3 days running. Bold move, 494, but it's paying off!
Zzz offline
Janitorial Staff
Posts: 2992
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:09 pm
Location: Nowhere
Aircraft: None

Re: FS: 1959 C-180B

Well now that Mike has made the ski comment, all the more reason to pick a 182 over a 180 unless you really want a 180. Not that a 180 is a bad airplane, its a fantastic airplane, I am stating my opinion on the 180/182 topic based on cost.

G44
G44 offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 2104
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:46 am
Location: Michigan

DISPLAY OPTIONS

Previous
34 posts • Page 2 of 2 • 1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Latest Features

Latest Knowledge Base