Backcountry Pilot • MOOSE CREEK

MOOSE CREEK

Discuss your knowledge of airports and off-airport strips. Help inform other pilots of status, warnings, noise abatement, and closure endangerment. See also: http://www.shortfield.com
8 posts • Page 1 of 1

MOOSE CREEK

HOW IS THE SMOKE AND VISIBILITY AT MOOSE CREEK? THERE APPEARS TO BE A LARGE FIRE DOWNSTREAM ON THE SELWAY.
flyer offline
User avatar
Posts: 261
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:34 pm
Location: Spokane
Aircraft: Cessna 182B

Re: MOOSE CREEK

Not a lot of cameras in that area. But here is a cool resource of cameras might help a tad...
https://alertwest.live/
https://idahoaviation.com/iaa-webcams-page/
piperpainter offline
User avatar
Posts: 970
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:57 pm
Location: Auburn, WA
Aircraft: C-205
Was Backcountry Mooney M20C

Re: MOOSE CREEK

Wow! I thought the FAA webcam site was cool. That ALERTWest site is going to eat up a lot of my time.....
Josef offline
User avatar
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:01 pm
Location: Sherwood
Aircraft: 205A

Re: MOOSE CREEK

Moose Creek as of lunchtime today.
IMG_20260826_173610.jpg
IMG_20260826_173610.jpg (145.33 KiB) Viewed 825 times
IMG_20260826_173613.jpg
IMG_20260826_173613.jpg (89.61 KiB) Viewed 825 times
Bonanza Man offline
Posts: 912
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: Seeley Lake

Re: MOOSE CREEK

Thank you. I think I will not go there. Dick
flyer offline
User avatar
Posts: 261
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:34 pm
Location: Spokane
Aircraft: Cessna 182B

MOOSE CREEK

IS THE CARETAKER STILL AT MOOSE CREEK? HOW IS THE SMOKE? PLANNING A TRIP THIS WEEKEND. THE WEATHER LOOKS GREAT. DICK
flyer offline
User avatar
Posts: 261
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:34 pm
Location: Spokane
Aircraft: Cessna 182B

Re: MOOSE CREEK

I flew over on October 1. From just above Moose creek on the Selway all the way up Moose creek, and both north and west for 25 to 40 miles was socked in solid undercast. Not sure how high the bottoms were, but I did not see any hole big enough that I wanted to drop through to take a look. I was at 10,500, tops looked to be about 6000 to 6500, only glimpses of Fish Lake through a few small holes. Definitely no smoke.
StillLearning offline
Supporter
Posts: 468
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:22 pm
Location: Salmon
Aircraft: Cessna 180 Skywagon 1953

Re: MOOSE CREEK

flyer wrote:IS THE CARETAKER STILL AT MOOSE CREEK? HOW IS THE SMOKE? PLANNING A TRIP THIS WEEKEND. THE WEATHER LOOKS GREAT. DICK


Take the "CapsLock" off, pleassssssse, I feel like you are yelling at me and I get enough of that already :wink: :wink:
Mapleflt offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 2385
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:35 pm
Location: Bradford
Aircraft: Cessna S170B NexGen (NM) Variant

DISPLAY OPTIONS

8 posts • Page 1 of 1

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Latest Features

Latest Knowledge Base