Backcountry Pilot • WTB: 185 engine mount

WTB: 185 engine mount

Gear for sale, gear wanted, etc. Be sure to read the Required Reading sticky before posting.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1

WTB: 185 engine mount

Looking for a Cessna 0751007-16 three blade engine mount. Pivots at the bottom and has provision for larger isolators in the rear of mount.

Would consider a Sea Planes West mount.

Thanks
Masterbaler offline
User avatar
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:53 pm
Location: Corvallis
Aircraft: Cessna T210M
Piper PA-12
Turbo commander 840-10
Piper PA28-180
Cessna A185E

Re: WTB: 185 engine mount

I have a C185 mount but don’t know the part number. Can you identify it from some pictures?

261665B9-5D7A-4E65-9608-BDB04798DF8A.jpeg
261665B9-5D7A-4E65-9608-BDB04798DF8A.jpeg (613.41 KiB) Viewed 314 times
whee offline
User avatar
Posts: 3386
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:59 pm
Location: SE Idaho

Re: WTB: 185 engine mount

The isolator mounts are the same front and rear so it’s probably a 2 blade mount. Yours does swing on the bottom. I’m not an expert, but the you have is just like mine.

I
Masterbaler offline
User avatar
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:53 pm
Location: Corvallis
Aircraft: Cessna T210M
Piper PA-12
Turbo commander 840-10
Piper PA28-180
Cessna A185E

Re: WTB: 185 engine mount

I see you posted that you are looking for one on the 180/185 FB.
Dunno if it's still available but a guy posted one for sale there about a year ago.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/skywagons ... tid=Nif5oz
hotrod180 offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 10604
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:47 pm
Location: Port Townsend, WA
Cessna Skywagon -- accept no substitute!

Re: WTB: 185 engine mount

Why not just buy a new one? Just curious. I bought one from Acorn formerly Seaplanes West. I’m very happy with it.
185Midwest offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 440
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:58 am
Location: Fort Wayne
Aircraft: C-185

Re: WTB: 185 engine mount

I too am a big fan of the Seaplanes West mount, those big isolators really help with vibration and it’s very strong. I’ve been running the 182 version for years and it’s still perfect.

However-

If you ever find yourself having to remove a starter adapter or maybe need better access to the fuel servo that swing down mount is the bees knees. You might be able to find a used swing down mount much cheaper than a brand new mount shipped from Edmonton.

Tough choice.
Halestorm offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 958
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:11 pm
Location: SEA
Aircraft: C-182E Pponk

DISPLAY OPTIONS

6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Latest Features

Latest Knowledge Base