Backcountry Pilot • WTB: Cessna 180/185 Hydraulic Skis

WTB: Cessna 180/185 Hydraulic Skis

Gear for sale, gear wanted, etc. Be sure to read the Required Reading sticky before posting.
8 posts • Page 1 of 1

WTB: Cessna 180/185 Hydraulic Skis

Looking for a pair of LH4000's or Wipair 3600's for a 180K - if you have a pair that never get used anymore, drop a line!
chugachman offline
User avatar
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:00 pm
Location: Anchorage
Aircraft: C180K

Re: WTB: Cessna 180/185 Hydraulic Skis

chugachman wrote:Looking for a pair of LH4000's or Wipair 3600's for a 180K - if you have a pair that never get used anymore, drop a line!


Also consider the Fluidyne 3200s. They were approved on earlier 180s anyway, not sure about K model. The bottoms are very near the size of the 3600s. GW is restricted for the 3200s, but that really only applies to the 185, I think.

Anyway, do some research…..you may run across a set.

The Fli Lite skis are by far the best if you can find a set. I’ve been so stuck on Fluidyne 3600s……

MTV
mtv offline
Knowledge Base Author
User avatar
Posts: 10587
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:47 am
Location: Bozeman

Re: WTB: Cessna 180/185 Hydraulic Skis

I'll "open" by saying I don't claim any great knowledge of 180/185 accessories. I will add that I'm a fan of fixed penetration wheel skis, all the fun at a lot less weight and complexity.
Mapleflt offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 2385
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:35 pm
Location: Bradford
Aircraft: Cessna S170B NexGen (NM) Variant

Re: WTB: Cessna 180/185 Hydraulic Skis

Mapleflt wrote:I'll "open" by saying I don't claim any great knowledge of 180/185 accessories. I will add that I'm a fan of fixed penetration wheel skis, all the fun at a lot less weight and complexity.
Kinda true. But not nearly as much h floatation and in the wrong conditions can make your day much much worse then retractables...
A1Skinner offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 5219
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:38 am
Location: Eaglesham
FindMeSpot URL: [url:1vzmrq4a]http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0az97SSJm2Ky58iEMJLqgaAQvVxMnGp6G[/url:1vzmrq4a]
Aircraft: Cessna 210J, Citabria 7GCBC, AT402/502/602

Re: WTB: Cessna 180/185 Hydraulic Skis

A1Skinner wrote:
Mapleflt wrote:I'll "open" by saying I don't claim any great knowledge of 180/185 accessories. I will add that I'm a fan of fixed penetration wheel skis, all the fun at a lot less weight and complexity.
Kinda true. But not nearly as much h floatation and in the wrong conditions can make your day much much worse then retractables...


Again well above my pay grade but could you conceivable go "oversize" and thereby increase the flotation. The hydraulics are great for getting unstuck but that said there are a few trick that can be employed to resolve the "adhesion" issue with penetration skis as well.
Mapleflt offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 2385
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:35 pm
Location: Bradford
Aircraft: Cessna S170B NexGen (NM) Variant

Re: WTB: Cessna 180/185 Hydraulic Skis

There’s a set of Fly-Lite 3000’s that where just listed on Barnstomers
Mapleflt offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 2385
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:35 pm
Location: Bradford
Aircraft: Cessna S170B NexGen (NM) Variant

Re: WTB: Cessna 180/185 Hydraulic Skis

Mapleflt wrote:There’s a set of Fly-Lite 3000’s that where just listed on Barnstomers


Too small for a late 180. Work great on a 170, though….. 8)

The biggest issue with penetration skis is drag from the wheels. And, it’s not just the main tires. Most if not all also have “tailwheels” to keep the heels of the skis from dragging on hard surface. Those things can make almost as much drag as the mains.

BUT, it really all depends on what snow conditions, including depth, consistency, temperature and about ten other factors, you’re operating in.

I’d take retractables any day, but they’re not cheap, and some are heavy.

MTV
mtv offline
Knowledge Base Author
User avatar
Posts: 10587
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:47 am
Location: Bozeman

Re: WTB: Cessna 180/185 Hydraulic Skis

I'm planning to upgrade my LH4000 airglass to the newest model and using my wip pump on my 185 vs. airglass setup next season. Mine are mint and work excellent, great floatation.. I wouldn't consider any other hyd skis for a skywagon. Make me a fair offer, list price new is $22k without the pump
sub3 offline
User avatar
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 6:18 pm
Location: Minneapolis

DISPLAY OPTIONS

8 posts • Page 1 of 1

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Latest Features

Latest Knowledge Base