Backcountry Pilot • WTB: early 180/182 filler neck

WTB: early 180/182 filler neck

Gear for sale, gear wanted, etc. Be sure to read the Required Reading sticky before posting.
9 posts • Page 1 of 1

WTB: early 180/182 filler neck

My ‘53 180 has a leaking filler neck, when all the way full fuel seeps from the base of the neck. I’m assuming that all the wedge tank and even the square tank models used the same filler neck. It’s a round plate with the filler neck offset, sandwiches between the bladder and the tank lid part.
I could probably seal this one up, but I’d rather not put sealer on something that could end up in the tank. And this one is bent, probably from a filler hose hanging on it.
StillLearning offline
Supporter
Posts: 467
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:22 pm
Location: Salmon
Aircraft: Cessna 180 Skywagon 1953

Re: WTB: early 180/182 filler neck

Two thoughts....can this be brazed by a good torch pro..... you’ll have to remove it either to replace or repair....might call Lucky at Air Salvage in Dallas......he has encyclopedic knowledge of older Cessna’s and repair procedures.....good luck
Airdave100 offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:10 pm
Location: Fredericksburg
Aircraft: 1956 Cessna 182....N5632B

Re: WTB: early 180/182 filler neck

Maybe the bladder manufacturers /overhaulers would have this part?
hotrod180 offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 10604
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:47 pm
Location: Port Townsend, WA
Cessna Skywagon -- accept no substitute!

Re: WTB: early 180/182 filler neck

I think I might have what you want---will look in a few hrs and report back.
180Marty offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 2324
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:59 am
Location: Paullina IA

Re: WTB: early 180/182 filler neck

Resized_20230228_143937.jpeg
I found one that I took off 33 yrs ago stored in not the best environment. I think the sealing part of the neck has not been bent and it was sealing fine when replaced with the "original" Monarch caps.If you want it you can have it and donate what you think it is worth to Zane.
Resized_20230228_143937.jpeg
[img]
Resized_20230228_143925.jpeg
[/img]
Resized_20230228_143925.jpeg
Resized_20230228_143931.jpeg
Resized_20230228_143931.jpeg (33.37 KiB) Viewed 426 times
180Marty offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 2324
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:59 am
Location: Paullina IA

Re: WTB: early 180/182 filler neck

That's the part.
Thank you, I will take it. PM inbound.
StillLearning offline
Supporter
Posts: 467
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:22 pm
Location: Salmon
Aircraft: Cessna 180 Skywagon 1953

Re: WTB: early 180/182 filler neck

I think I have a couple if that one doesn't work out.
AEROPOD offline
Posts: 492
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:02 pm
Location: Aurora, CO

Re: WTB: early 180/182 filler neck

StillLearning came down from Sioux Falls this morning. Always neat to meet another 180 pilot.
Resized_20230304_102931.jpeg
Resized_20230304_090741.jpeg
Resized_20230304_090741.jpeg (163.56 KiB) Viewed 296 times
180Marty offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 2324
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:59 am
Location: Paullina IA

Re: WTB: early 180/182 filler neck

Great to meet a fellow Wagon driver. Nice day to fly in March, before another storm rolls in, and I have a new to me filler neck!
StillLearning offline
Supporter
Posts: 467
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:22 pm
Location: Salmon
Aircraft: Cessna 180 Skywagon 1953

DISPLAY OPTIONS

9 posts • Page 1 of 1

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Latest Features

Latest Knowledge Base