cover photo

Mapleflt

Send Message
Add as Friend
Mapleflt

About Me

Basic Information

  • Home airport

  • Interests

    Getting to where others can not

Contact Information

Aircraft

  • Aircraft (make - model)

    Cessna S170B NexGen (NM) Variant
Member since
Sunday, 12 February 2017 13:35
Last online
11 hours 7 minutes ago
  • Mapleflt created a new forum topic That Sinking Feeling
    Does anyone know of a more modern stall warning system that replaces the older style stall vane, red light and horn of yesteryear.
    2026-08-23 11:40:57
  • Mapleflt created a new forum topic A Balancing Act
    The short story is I had to replace a cylinder and send one out for repair. The repairs necessitated a re-boring and a P10 piston and I'm now looking to install the repaired jug. Some curiosity has...
    2026-08-14 13:05:39
  • Mapleflt created a new forum topic Booster Juice
    Does anyone carry a "standby" battery booster in their fly away kit ? The prop I have is so light there isn't enough mass to generate the necessary inertia for hand prop start in a pinch.
    2026-08-10 19:56:36
  • Mapleflt created a new forum topic Feeling the Heat
    What's the general consensus within the group, should a lithium ion battery be insulated from radiant engine heat if installed on the firewall ?
    2026-08-08 14:15:27
  • Mapleflt created a new forum topic This is the Pits
    Does anyone in the BCP community have experience with excessively pitted cylinder walls ? How did the issue/concern first manifest itself, what were the initial indicators that gave you reason to delve...
    2026-08-06 17:25:23
  • Mapleflt created a new forum topic Time to Dine
    At one point in time a BCP member was regularly posted culinary offerings, I tried a couple of them and they were very tasty. I'm not a "Pit Master" or "Michelin Chef" but I do enjoy trying my hand...
    2026-07-31 11:07:10
  • Mapleflt created a new forum topic Prop Search
    WTB: McCauley CM7144 Note: a suitable donation will be made to BCP on a sale
    2026-05-14 12:58:55
  • Mapleflt created a new forum topic Not a Coffee Snob
    I'm as far away from being a coffee snob as anyone can get, cowboy coffee works just fine for me. That said this caught my eye, along with their grinder. Does anyone in the BCP community has "operational"...
    2026-05-06 22:33:53
  • Mapleflt created a new forum topic Prop Me Up
    Looking for user experience in climb/seaplane prop for an 0-200 installation.
    2026-03-10 12:08:06
  • To the best of my understanding the engine would no longer be deem as "certified" by TC. In order to use it the airplane would have to be first migrated to an OM C of A and thereafter you could re-engine it using the Airworx documents as "acceptable data" for the installation.
    2026-02-03 12:55:50
  • I saw you mention in the forum the Airworx O-300 175hp 'conversion' - I can't get anyone from Airworx to call or email me back. Last I checked they weren't seeking an STC for this, just doing major alteration paperwork. But I keep getting conflicting info on whether this would satisfy Transport Canada... Any info you can share?
    Glen Powell C-FMVU based at CYOO
    glenlegourmet.tv
    2026-02-03 11:38:57
  • Mapleflt created a new forum topic 170B Instrument Panel
    Just wondering if anyone in the BCP community might have dimensional drawings for a custom single piece 170B instrument panel. If you are willing to share I'll make a donation to the BCP cause in appreciation...
    2025-12-29 16:42:35
  • Mapleflt created a new forum topic Let the Feast Begin
    To all in the BCP community living north of the 49th Happy Thanksgiving. Those to the south I'm sorry but you will have to wait a bit longer for your Fall feast of the season.
    2025-10-12 17:31:40
  • Mapleflt created a new forum topic Cutting out the carbs
    Does anyone within the community have experience with the Rotec TBI fuel system, extra points if it's the one for the 0-360. :wink:
    2025-10-03 21:31:51
  • Mapleflt created a new forum topic 3 in 1 Engine Gauge
    WTB: If anyone has or knows of a standard sized combined 3 in 1; Oil Press, Oil Temp, CHT gauge that needs to be re-homed please get in touch. I'm happy to make a contribution to BCP if a sale is completed...
    2025-09-28 12:47:44
  • Mapleflt created a new forum topic 3 in 1 Engine Cluster
    WTB, if anyone has a standard 3" diameter 3 in 1 engine instrument cluster, oil temp/oil press/CHT that needs to be re-homed let's chat. I'm happy to apply a BCP consideration to the sale as well.
    2025-09-26 13:38:36
  • Mapleflt created a new forum topic Tricky
    An acquaintance of mine is hunting around for a set of TrickAir Sport 1500 wheel skis if anyone within the community knows of a set that need to be "rehomed". :wink:
    2025-09-24 13:32:35
  • Mapleflt created a new forum topic The Glazed Look
    What would be the most likely leading cause for a glazed cylinder wall, would an overheating condition present in such a manner ?
    2025-08-23 17:38:11
  • Mapleflt created a new forum topic Wind Driven
    Has anyone within the BCP community have a BPE-14 Turbo-Alternator installed on their aerodyne. :wink:
    2025-08-07 12:00:42
  • Mapleflt created a new forum topic Leading Causes
    I'm seeking input on the possible leading causes for an ongoing oil leak at the crankcase breather tube of a Lycoming 0-360 other than just being overfilled, its not that. Co-incident with the ongoing...
    2025-08-02 11:13:09