Backcountry Pilot • WTB: Adventure ready 182

WTB: Adventure ready 182

Gear for sale, gear wanted, etc. Be sure to read the Required Reading sticky before posting.
30 posts • Page 2 of 2 • 1, 2

Re: WTB: Adventure ready 182

182 STOL driver wrote:Tom Z. 1956 Cessna 180 with 150hr p.pink and prop - Selkirk interior -extended baggage - nice radio package $65,000 with fresh annual. I have 182 straight tails for sale contact me direct [email protected] with your phone number and I'll call you back. Just sold 200 HP fuel injected 172 , great airplane Also have PA-14 in the wings with all the Alaskan stc/mods in progress . Do prebuys and other stuff World wide from Alaska to Argentina - been there done that.


Hey Bill - I sent you a note earlier this week, will do so again.
29singlespeed offline
Posts: 508
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:10 pm
Location: Gunnison

Re: WTB: Adventure ready 182

C180 in Lamar Sounds like a nice airplane for someone that has an A&P or easier means to work on it - or wants a donor to Pponk. I am going to pass and stick with finding a C182 or C180 with strong recent overhauled engine.
29singlespeed offline
Posts: 508
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:10 pm
Location: Gunnison

Re: WTB: Adventure ready 182

29singlespeed wrote:C180 in Lamar Sounds like a nice airplane for someone that has an A&P or easier means to work on it - or wants a donor to Pponk. I am going to pass and stick with finding a C182 or C180 with strong recent overhauled engine.

Mind if I pm you regarding your comment?
A1Skinner offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 5218
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:38 am
Location: Eaglesham
FindMeSpot URL: [url:1vzmrq4a]http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0az97SSJm2Ky58iEMJLqgaAQvVxMnGp6G[/url:1vzmrq4a]
Aircraft: Cessna 210J, Citabria 7GCBC, AT402/502/602

Re: WTB: Adventure ready 182

A1Skinner wrote:
29singlespeed wrote:C180 in Lamar Sounds like a nice airplane for someone that has an A&P or easier means to work on it - or wants a donor to Pponk. I am going to pass and stick with finding a C182 or C180 with strong recent overhauled engine.

Mind if I pm you regarding your comment?


For the collective, What I meant by my comment was since the engine is higher time, it does have damage history and missing logs it could be a great option for someone that can work on it as things appear.
29singlespeed offline
Posts: 508
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:10 pm
Location: Gunnison

Re: WTB: Adventure ready 182

29singlespeed wrote:
For the collective, What I meant by my comment was since the engine is higher time, it does have damage history and missing logs it could be a great option for someone that can work on it as things appear.


Not very many out there that don't have some sort of damage history. That wouldn't bother me if it was well documented and taken care of properly. The missing logs cause more concern.

My 180 had hail damage and has been looped twice but I have all the logs and all the repairs are very well documented. Flys like a dream hands off straight and level. What's the time on the engine? I need another project...
Darinh offline
User avatar
Posts: 215
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:29 pm
Darin H.
KOGD

Re: WTB: Adventure ready 182

29 single speed speed send again to [email protected] put in subject line Cessna 180/182 and in text add your cell phone number .
182 STOL driver offline
Posts: 1529
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:27 pm

Re: WTB: Adventure ready 182

182 STOL driver wrote:29 single speed speed send again to [email protected] put in subject line Cessna 180/182 and in text add your cell phone number .


Sent one yesterday and again today.
cheers,
Travis
29singlespeed offline
Posts: 508
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:10 pm
Location: Gunnison

Re: WTB: Adventure ready 182

29singlespeed wrote:
182 STOL driver wrote:29 single speed speed send again to [email protected] put in subject line Cessna 180/182 and in text add your cell phone number .


Sent one yesterday and again today.
cheers,
Travis



Try [email protected] seems if sender is on gmail cox doesn't receive gmail in my tablet computer
182 STOL driver offline
Posts: 1529
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:27 pm

Re: WTB: Adventure ready 182

Darinh wrote:
29singlespeed wrote:
For the collective, What I meant by my comment was since the engine is higher time, it does have damage history and missing logs it could be a great option for someone that can work on it as things appear.


Not very many out there that don't have some sort of damage history. That wouldn't bother me if it was well documented and taken care of properly. The missing logs cause more concern.

My 180 had hail damage and has been looped twice but I have all the logs and all the repairs are very well documented. Flys like a dream hands off straight and level. What's the time on the engine? I need another project...


I am with you Darinh. Mine was groundlooped twice long ago. The repairs were well documented on 337s, and the work performed by great shops. It flies straight, fast and better than any Cessna I've ever been at the controls of. The gear boxes are in perfect shape, and the wing that was rebuilt looks brand new.

If you find an older 180 with 3000 plus airframe hours that has no damage in the logs, I would be suspicious of the integrity of the logs.

Missing logs are definitely a concern, but an acceptable situation for the right price for a personal plane. I would expect to pay 30-50% below market value for this deficiency. If you own the plane for ten years, then when you go to sell it, at least it has some maintenance history documented. Most any airworthiness issue would be discovered over the course of a few annual inspections. Of course, most banks won't loan on an airplane that has missing logs these days.
Scolopax offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 1717
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:02 pm
Location: Nottingham
FindMeSpot URL: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/face ... 4aYqSexnZC

Re: WTB: Adventure ready 182

Scolopax wrote:
Darinh wrote:
29singlespeed wrote:
For the collective, What I meant by my comment was since the engine is higher time, it does have damage history and missing logs it could be a great option for someone that can work on it as things appear.


Not very many out there that don't have some sort of damage history. That wouldn't bother me if it was well documented and taken care of properly. The missing logs cause more concern.

My 180 had hail damage and has been looped twice but I have all the logs and all the repairs are very well documented. Flys like a dream hands off straight and level. What's the time on the engine? I need another project...


I am with you Darinh. Mine was groundlooped twice long ago. The repairs were well documented on 337s, and the work performed by great shops. It flies straight, fast and better than any Cessna I've ever been at the controls of. The gear boxes are in perfect shape, and the wing that was rebuilt looks brand new.

If you find an older 180 with 3000 plus airframe hours that has no damage in the logs, I would be suspicious of the integrity of the logs.

Missing logs are definitely a concern, but an acceptable situation for the right price for a personal plane. I would expect to pay 30-50% below market value for this deficiency. If you own the plane for ten years, then when you go to sell it, at least it has some maintenance history documented. Most any airworthiness issue would be discovered over the course of a few annual inspections. Of course, most banks won't loan on an airplane that has missing logs these days.


Yup - damage history not the concern for me if it's been documented and the owner knows the plane.. No logs pre-1980s is for me. Bank will loan but value would be way below $50k

The hunt continues!
29singlespeed offline
Posts: 508
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:10 pm
Location: Gunnison

DISPLAY OPTIONS

Previous
30 posts • Page 2 of 2 • 1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Latest Features

Latest Knowledge Base