Backcountry Pilot • Building the RV-15

Building the RV-15

A general forum for anything related to flying the backcountry. Please check first if your new topic fits better into a more specific forum before posting.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Building the RV-15

Here is a 7 week update on the RV-15 build, so far so good

Last edited by Zzz on Sat Oct 03, 2026 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed video embed
Utah-Jay offline
User avatar
Posts: 367
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:22 pm
Location: Heber City
Aircraft: Bearhawk Companion

Re: Building the RV-15

This is going to be a "must watch" build, very cool
Mapleflt offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 2385
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:35 pm
Location: Bradford
Aircraft: Cessna S170B NexGen (NM) Variant

Re: Building the RV-15

Keeping the Carbon Cub once RV15 is complete?
skyward II offline
Supporter
User avatar
Posts: 478
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:42 pm
Location: Upland, CA/Etna, Wy

Re: Building the RV-15

I have thought from the very beginning that the RV 15 is going to be a fantastic airplane. Everything I see about it so far suggests the same.

If I didn't like flying so much, I'd sell my current ride and buy a kit...... :roll:
mtv offline
Knowledge Base Author
User avatar
Posts: 10588
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:47 am
Location: Bozeman

Re: Building the RV-15

mtv wrote:I have thought from the very beginning that the RV 15 is going to be a fantastic airplane. Everything I see about it so far suggests the same.

If I didn't like flying so much, I'd sell my current ride and buy a kit...... :roll:


I agree, if i hadthat kind of disposable income I would do it. Winters are long out here in west AK.

Cannery winter eatchmen at PPT built two nice RV’s: a 4 and a 6. I saw the prints in his shop after XC skinging to the cannery but he wasnt around. Met up with him at the PO in Naknek a week later, he asked me to promise not to tell a soul, he said he didnt want anyone to think he was crazzy for starting to build a second RV ;)

Rocket
rocket offline
User avatar
Posts: 188
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 3:08 pm
Location: Talkeetna
FindMeSpot URL: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/face ... 9GZmP4hOO2

Re: Building the RV-15

skyward II wrote:Keeping the Carbon Cub once RV15 is complete?


That is not my Carbon Cub, I am building in his hangar. I sold my Bearhawk Companion to build the RV-15
Utah-Jay offline
User avatar
Posts: 367
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:22 pm
Location: Heber City
Aircraft: Bearhawk Companion

DISPLAY OPTIONS

6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

Latest Features

Latest Knowledge Base